• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New grading release policy at CGC starting this year...

12 posts in this topic

I just called CGC about my Whiz 1 (#2) being graded. I used the Express grading service. The book was graded on 1-15-13. I argued until I was blue in the face but as of ths year, CGC will not release grades until a book is shipped.

I noticed the grading fees increased. The total invoice was $126.95 (with imaging). Higher prices and reduced service. Seems like a trend everywhere.

Just fyi.

The new policy where grades aren't available till the books have been shipped has already been discussed pretty extensively :shrug:

You're wrong about the grading fees having been increased, though - unless you haven't subbed books in a couple of years and are talking about the $5 invoice fee?

I think it is rather silly. The grade is the grade and won't change. I told Eric this on the phone (very politely).

The info is securitized by the invoice number so no one can call about my order. Part of the excitement is to call in after the book is graded and get the grade. If it is a cost issue, I will pay 10 more bucks to get that info.

I think it is rather silly. The grade is the grade and won't change. I told Eric this on the phone (very politely).

The info is securitized by the invoice number so no one can call about my order. Part of the excitement is to call in after the book is graded and get the grade. If it is a cost issue, I will pay 10 more bucks to get that info.

B, old news.

Discussed in detail here.