• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the biggest comic book movie blockbuster of 2013?

biggest comic book hit of 2013  

447 members have voted

1. 1. biggest comic book hit of 2013

81 posts in this topic

I voted for Star Trek, I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I am sure Trekkies will go and see it a few times. I did not even see IM 2, and I will pass on IM 3.

How can you pass on IM 3?

Easy, didn't like #1 and #2 held zero interest for me. Mandarin the villain in this movie, well I would rather by a X-Force #1.

You didn't like IM 1? :o

Man I am curious to see what you would rank higher than IM 1

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 2/Superman 2 TIE

Avengers (If we are talking straight up action this would be #1)

Spider-man 1 (2012)

The fact that Amazing Spider-Man is on that list prevents you from having credibility in any conversation about movies for the rest of your life.

Iron Man 3 may not be the best movie, but if we are just talking biggest box office take it's going to win.

Especially if we are talking about International. Asian markets have not been kind to DC.

What Happens in Vegas out performed the Dark Knight in Japan. Yes the terrible Ashton Kutcher movie.

http://www.slashfilm.com/japan-hates-the-dark-knight/

Man Of Steel will be the box office winner. Easily.

I don't consider Star Trek and G.I.Joe to be "comic book movies".

Probably won't see any of the movies in this poll in the theater. Might catch some of them on DVD or maybe even wait for them to be shown on TV.

Man Of Steel will be the box office winner. Easily.

I don't consider Star Trek and G.I.Joe to be "comic book movies".

Probably won't see any of the movies in this poll in the theater. Might catch some of them on DVD or maybe even wait for them to be shown on TV.

If by Man of Steel you mean Man of Iron, and transpose the man and the Iron and get rid of the "of."

I voted for Star Trek, I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I am sure Trekkies will go and see it a few times. I did not even see IM 2, and I will pass on IM 3.

Easy, didn't like #1 and #2 held zero interest for me. Mandarin the villain in this movie, well I would rather by a X-Force #1.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

The fact that Amazing Spider-Man is on that list prevents you from having credibility in any conversation about movies for the rest of your life.

I find your lack of movie intelligence disturbing. :baiting:

I can't for the life of me understand what would make anyone not like ASM 2012.

There is nothing wrong with the Ultimate Spider-man version on film, and honestly I felt more like I was back in the Ditko issues than Sam Rami's version.

You do see however I rank Spider-man 2 higher right?

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Well of the above movies that you mentioned, I have not seen BDK, S2 and ASM, and my brother asked me to leave the movie theater during Spiderman 2. So I guess Avengers would be rated the highest.

To be honest I really don't like any super hero movies. I only went to see Avengers because a friend of mine told me I needed to see 1 part in it. IMO they make to many things that are just wrong. I know that they take liberties, but some just really really, are not good.

To be honest I find crazy a comic fan doesn't like comic book movies. ???

How could you have not seen most of these movies?

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Well of the above movies that you mentioned, I have not seen BDK, S2 and ASM, and my brother asked me to leave the movie theater during Spiderman 2. So I guess Avengers would be rated the highest.

To be honest I really don't like any super hero movies. I only went to see Avengers because a friend of mine told me I needed to see 1 part in it. IMO they make to many things that are just wrong. I know that they take liberties, but some just really really, are not good.

I find it crazy that a comic book fan would like a lot of these movies (shrug)

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

I'm just jazzed that there is enough interest to warrant superhero movies,that they would be willing to keep making movies of characters I love.How could you not like these movies,and what a great time to be a comic book fan.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

You wouldn't like winning the lottery. lol

If a comic book fan doesn't have any of these movies as their favorite comic book movies of all time then I am not sure what you are looking for but comic books don't seem to be it. (shrug)

Hell BDK is in my top ten of all time.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Because they are wrong. I don't read any ultimate title, nor do I own any. So I do not know if they resemble any of those.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Because they are wrong. I don't read any ultimate title, nor do I own any. So I do not know if they resemble any of those.

Iron Man 1

Spider-man Rami

Superman 2

Ultimate versions? (shrug)

I guess am I just not understanding how a comic book fan doesn't want to see comic book movies that are deemed very well done.

Most of the comic book movies recently have exceeded my expectations times a hundred.

I mean listen I can't tell anyone what do like or what not to like, but I just can't grasp the reasoning not wanting to see comic book movies that most fans would consider an A+ adaptions.

If you said I have not seen Elektra or the Ghost Riders movies I completely understand, but Iron Man or TDK. :ohnoez:

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

I'm just jazzed that there is enough interest to warrant superhero movies,that they would be willing to keep making movies of characters I love.How could you not like these movies,and what a great time to be a comic book fan.

+1

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

If a comic book fan doesn't have any of these movies as their favorite comic book movies of all time then I am not sure what you are looking for but comic books don't seem to be it. (shrug)

Comic books are comic books. Movies are movies. I love comic books (been reading them since I was 5 - I'm 37 now) and I also love movies (I see around 60-70 different new films every year).

What I don't understand is why just because I love comic books I should also be a fan of comic book movies. :sumo:

Aside from the fact that there are tons of things other than "my favorite character is up on the screen", like screenplay, direction, acting, etc., there's also the fact that, in my opinion, superheroes work much, much better on paper than they do on any kind of screen.

It may come as a shock, but there are plenty of comics (and particularly superhero comics) readers who don't necessarily care much about (or for) superhero movies.

I honestly don't see why it's so surprising. (shrug)

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Yes, it's great that there's enough interest in Hollywood to make movies based on comic books. But that doesn't mean I have to like them just because they're being made. The majority of the superhero ones made don't resemble the characters I love, which is why I don't like a lot of them.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

I think you're mistaking me for someone else sir. Unfortunately it seems to get swept under the rug that I really liked Batman Begins, Iron Man and the Ed Norton Incredible Hulk.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Yes, it's great that there's enough interest in Hollywood to make movies based on comic books. But that doesn't mean I have to like them just because they're being made. The majority of the superhero ones made don't resemble the characters I love, which is why I don't like a lot of them.

fishing.jpg

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

fishing.jpg

???

Out of that list, I'd say Iron Man is the front runner. Thor is distant second.

I hope Superman is up there. Last effort was weak. He's a tough character to do correctly. I think it's especially tough with today's audience. They aren't going to buy the traditional, old school Superman. Too much of a Boy Scout. Too clean cut.

Superhero is only as good as the villain and its to have a worthy adversary to a character that is basically invincible. Potential for a great story, but a bigger potential for screw up/failure.

I think they missed the boat years ago when they didn't try and tie in the Smallville show. They had the built in audience modern day take on the mythos.