• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's April (a.k.a. "HOLY S***") Month

14 posts in this topic

Alright guys,

So as some of you may know DC recently released their solicitations for April (which Bleeding Cool has claimed DC is internally calling "Holy S***" Month. They're promising some very, very interesting gatefold covers!

Let's begin the theories! Pick your favourite cover and toss out what you think is on the other side!

I'll start it off:

TALON #7

talon_07_02.jpg

A few months back I had tweeted Dan Didio about the future of one of my favourite DC characters who hadn't been seen yet in the NEW 52. He told me that I should be reading a certain book by Snyder & Tynion to see their eventual unveiling.

That is why I think that AZRAEL is on the other side of that cover!!

Bring on some more theories!!

Cool! I was thinking that Reverse Flash would be the DCU Presents reveal but Flash obviously makes sense too!

I never thought of the Creeper being revealed in Nightwing but it fits and would be wicked! Here's to hoping haha

Here's another of my theories while i'm here:

GLCorps is talking about "one of the biggest Green Lantern rising from the dead" and recently John Stewart HAS been sent to re-build Mogo. So, I think it's pretty fair to assume that the "big" lantern is MOGO.

GLCOR_Cv19.jpg

However, the New Guardians cover for the month is also cool... Kyle Rayner has been working hard to control all of the emotional spectrum and New Guardians February cover is him looking pretty "White Lantern-y"... But on the cover of the April issue, he's fighting Sinestro and the tease reads "If that's Kyle, then who is the new White Lantern".

GLNG_Cv19_final.jpg

My theory is that MOGO will be the new White Lantern. This would make perfect sense. Timing is right and he'd be the perfect lantern to represent life seeing as how he's a damn planet supporting billions of it.

What do you guys think?

the Batman cover sucks

I'm just waiting to see what's on the other side... Snyder's writing has been on FIRE lately (in my opinion) and I don't really see that slowing down...

My guess is it's more of a cover for shock value then anything else.

i hear you. Batman and American Vampire are the only books i read by the BigBloatedTwo. i've enjoyed Batman (never read it before last summer, so its hard to follow the story sometimes because of all the Robins and such) but AmVap is incredible imo.

as for Batman, Greg is great at drawing villians, but i dont care for how he draws Bruce.

Nightwing has the Creeper on the otherside.

Here's the cover for Nightwing #19 for those who haven't seen it! I think the Creeper being on the other side of the cover is an awesome theory!

NTW_Cv19.jpg

Most people probably assume all of the HAHAHAHA's are Joker related (just having come out of DOTF), so subverting that and introducing Jack Ryder into the New 52 would be awesome!

I got my finger's crossed that you're right CODEMASTER.

I think reverse flash is part of flash cover

To go along with KAGENISH's idea here is the Flash #19 cover.

FLS_Cv19.jpg

Flash is getting A LOT of love in April so I think it's fair to assume that his arch-nemesis has something to do with it. Here are some other Flash-focused solicitations:

He's a guest in Justice League Dark #19:

JUSTLD_Cv19_R1-copy.jpg

And while he is not featured on the cover (as far as we can see thus far) he is teased in the solicitation for Dial H #11

DIALH_Cv11.jpg

And while I feel it likely has little to do with the Reverse Flash (seeing as how he has a sword sticking through his body), he's featured front-and-center on the final DCU Presents issue:

DCUPRE_Cv19.jpg

What do you guys think?