• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All New X-Men #1

3 posts in this topic

Hello all! I want to get CGC SS on this specific variant (Bendis and Young), but Im a little disheartned. When I got it, I thought there must have been an error from the press. It has a little bit of a fold (more like a bend) in it. I have taken some HQ photos to point out where the fold is. I dont think it was possible that the retailer I ordered it from could have possibly have done it because it is so minute. It looks a little worse than what the pictures are showing. It is really long, about 4 inches or so. Anyway, if I wanted to get it CGC SS, what would the grade be? (The rest of the book would make 9.8 hands down) Thank you all in advance for any help!

IMG_8916.jpg

IMG_8915.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8912.jpg

I don't know if modern books can have printer creases but the way that looks, generally speaking, creases made by folding the paper don't have curves in them, they're generally straight in nature, that's leads me to believe that could be a printers crease.

I don't know if modern books can have printer creases but the way that looks, generally speaking, creases made by folding the paper don't have curves in them, they're generally straight in nature, that's leads me to believe that could be a printers crease.

My Superior Spiderman #1 also has a crease much like this one. Its a lot more subtle, and it is straight. A number of people have stated that it is a printer crease. It stinks, but I think I might have to purchase a new one, and roll the dice on that one as well haha. I see what youre saying though, CGC doesnt consider it a defect.