• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy Limited Edition Comix

26 posts in this topic

I sent an email twice asking for an update on my order but never received a response. I'm ready to just give up on my order but it's just frustrating that I really want the book :S

K.

I sent an email twice asking for an update on my order but never received a response. I'm ready to just give up on my order but it's just frustrating that I really want the book :S

K.

That stinks. Maybe I better just stick to Midtown's variant.

A lot of people were told their orders for Superior would be honored, but the orderers were cancelled later by them later on because they said the credit card was declined.

yep, and then when i reordered one of them, i used the same credit card, and magically it went through.

A lot of people were told their orders for Superior would be honored, but the orderers were cancelled later by them later on because they said the credit card was declined.

That happened to me as well. I've tried to follow-up but like I said, no response.

K.

Hi

Over 170 orders for the Superior Spider Man variant were cancelled due to credit cards bouncing, people overcharging themselves for shipping or not respecting the limit.

Those who this happened to were sent a link where they could go back and re order.

We could have sold the whole print run easily at £10 to £15 per copy on a no limit basis.

We could have let people pay excessive shipping costs.

What we actually did was;

1. limit the number of copies people could buy, so more people could get one.

2. keep the price at £4.95, despite flippers charging upto 5 times that much.

3. gave people whose cc's were not accepted a second chance to order.

Also, the limit was only changed because we were swamped with emails from overseas by people wanting to buy 20, 50, 100 and 250 copies.

We did make some mistakes, the main one being that we underestimated the initial demand.

We didnt reply as quickly to emails as we would normally like to due to the volume received by people anxious to do 'a deal' to buy more copies, 'just for my regular customers, not to flip, i promise'.

We also put faq answers up on our fb page.

As to the suggestion that the credit card excuse is not genuine. I myself attempted to process many of the orders that bounced. i can assure you it happened and it was a huge waste of our time that prevented us getting these books into the hands of genuine customers.

We have the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy variant coming up which we are making more widely available through US dealers to avoid some of the problems mentioned above.

We also have a third Marvel variant coming soon which will be done to benefit a children's charity.

If anyone is still having trouble with getting a response to their queries or is concerned about their order status, I would welcome the oppurtunity to see if I can help and would ask you to pm me with your order details.

Many thanks.

PS US orders where sent out January 15 via DHL/Deutchepost and should begin arriving early next week.

Hmmm, I never even checked. I got a confirmation, but no comic. Need to check my statement.

Yeah, and just to reiterate, I hadn't had a problem yet. Just didnt think there was an issue. I will say that so far the communication has been good but that initial email stating that there may be a problem threw me off. Then I saw this thread and saw red flags. Good to hear other orders are coming through we'll enough. Thanks for the follow up.