• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's April ("Holy S***" Month) Solicitations

20 posts in this topic

Alright guys,

So as some of you may know DC recently released their solicitations for April (which Bleeding Cool has claimed DC is internally calling "Holy S***" Month. They're promising some very, very interesting gatefold covers!

Let's begin the theories! Pick your favourite cover and toss out what you think is on the other side!

I'll start it off:

TALON #7

talon_07_02.jpg

A few months back I had tweeted Dan Didio about the future of one of my favourite DC characters who hadn't been seen yet in the NEW 52. He told me that I should be reading a certain book by Snyder & Tynion to see their eventual unveiling.

That is why I think that AZRAEL is on the other side of that cover!!

Bring on some more theories!!

I suggest going to the Modern section with this.

We're all about birthdays, bad movies and dumb-arse eBay sellers over here. (thumbs u

You forgot turn around times, conspiracy theories, and all around paranoia.

I suggest going to the Modern section with this.

We're all about birthdays, bad movies and dumb-arse eBay sellers over here. (thumbs u

You forgot turn around times, conspiracy theories, and all around paranoia.

[font:Book Antiqua]+ Scanners, meltdowns, pressing and drama...[/font]

:cloud9:

You forgot:

• What I collect is awesome and what you collect sucks.
  • Q) How much do you think this is worth? A) Three Fiddy
  • How do I use the search function?
  • How (Insert artist, movie director, editor) raped my childhood because they with (Insert character/franchise)

This thread would get more traction in the Modern forum.

Not unless it's directly related to speculating and flipping.

You forgot:

• What I collect is awesome and what you collect sucks.
  • Q) How much do you think this is worth? A) Three Fiddy
  • How do I use the search function?
  • How (Insert artist, movie director, editor) raped my childhood because they with (Insert character/franchise)

Basically comes down to:

Topics I post are awesome topics you post suck.

Gotta love the Comics General classism. (On second thought, :screwy:)

This thread would get more traction in the Modern forum.

Not unless it's directly related to speculating and flipping.

I once tried to start a conversation about the art and story of a comic. I was much more innocent and naive then.

Heres my Green Lantern April theory while i'm at it

GLCorps is talking about "one of the biggest Green Lantern rising from the dead" and recently John Stewart HAS been sent to re-build Mogo. So, I think it's pretty fair to assume that the "big" lantern is MOGO.

GLCOR_Cv19.jpg

However, the New Guardians cover for the month is also cool... Kyle Rayner has been working hard to control all of the emotional spectrum and New Guardians February cover is him looking pretty "White Lantern-y"... But on the cover of the April issue, he's fighting Sinestro and the tease reads "If that's Kyle, then who is the new White Lantern".

GLNG_Cv19_final.jpg

My theory is that MOGO will be the new White Lantern. This would make perfect sense. Timing is right and he'd be the perfect lantern to represent life seeing as how he's a damn planet supporting billions of it.

What do you guys think?

Man - I'm seriously thinking of picking up Talon. That book looks awesome and with Snyder writing you know the story holds up.

I'm really enjoying Talon so far! Snyder and Tynion make a good team and I still think anything coming out of Court of Owls is a good thing.

As long as Snyder keeps things fresh with it I don't see it going anywhere soon.