• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egg's Post VCC Sale

1 post in this topic

All VCC leftovers are 10% off

EggsAckley what you want but don't need

Shipping in the U.S. will be $5.00 and up depending upon how you want the books sent (priority mail, media mail, etc). International buyers PM me & we will try to work it out. Insurance required for larger orders.

FIRST PRINTS UNLESS NOTED

F#G refers to the 2006 Fogel Underground Price Guide. "Supp" refers to the 2010 Supplement.

I try to be a conservative grader & tend to lower the grade if I am unsure. If I make a mistake I will try my best to make it right or you can send the book(s) back (CGC books are the exception). Underground comix is my speciality so feel confident that my descriptions about the printing of each book is accurate based on current knowledge. I am a collector, not a dealer & wish to share these extras with you & make a few bucks to help pay for my seemingly never ending purchases. Please note that Photobucket will sometimes censor a cover, one can be sent to you upon request.

Rules, first PM :takeit: wins, feel free to PM me with questions and/or wants. I have lots of other stuff available.

I will accept paypal, or you can mail me a personal or cashiers check (in U.S. funds please). International buyers using paypal will have a 4% surcharge.

You must be 18 years or older to buy these books.

Hear The Sound of My Feet Walking, Dan O'Neill, Odd Bodkins, VF/NM+, signed and sketched by Dan O'Neill, indicia says second printing, 1975, but it really is the 4th, but who cares, it's signed and sketched and only $69.

The Official Underground and Newave Comix Price Guide, Jay Kennedy, 1982. This is a HIGH GRADE example, looks like it has been opened once or twice, small crease by bottom right hand corner of front but very sharp otherwise, not sure how to grade it, most would call it NM, I say VF++ to VF/NM. Best copy I have ever had for sale. This is a must have reference book for any serious underground comix collector. $60 in fine, $125 in 9.2 in the 2010 Fogel Supplement. My price $89.

Cherry Collection III HB signed (by Larry Welz) & numbered, 212 out of 1500, in fabulous NM+ condition, I will sell this copy for $99, significantly less than the other few copies currently available on Amazon. This is the only HB version of any of the Cherry Collections.

th_IMG_0971.jpgth_IMG_0974.jpgth_IMG_0973.jpg

Wet Satin CGC 9.4 OW/W SS, Here is one of the handful of Trina Robbins books ever graded for signature series, be one of the few to currently own one..........$89.

Skull #2 CGC 9.4 OW/W SS 6th. One of my favorite Gilbert Shelton covers, again not many SS books ever done by him...................$99.

th_IMG_1018.jpgth_IMG_1016.jpg

Feds N Heads CGC 9.2 OW/W 4th, affordable high grade copy of the first comic book appearance of the Freak Brothers.......................$39.

Snatch #1 CGC 9.8 OW 3rd, high grade copy of Robert Crumb's first smut book and it is a file copy and it is an old label.................................$179.

th_FedsNHeads4thCGC92OWW001.jpgth_Snatch1CGC98OWFileCopy001.jpg

Neurocomics, Timothy Leary CGC 9.4 OW/W, scarce underground by George Dicaprio, father of Leonardo..........................$59.SOLD

All Stars #2 VF/NM, high grade copy of one of the best fanzines ever, loaded with UG superstars, Rick Griffin cover.........................$99.

Changes #3 F/VF, another interesting old fanzine, IBC has the first appearance the iconic color image of Mr. Natural on a tractor, and a Rick Griffin cover.................$29.

th_NeurocomicsCGC94OWW001.jpgth_AllStars2VFNM001.jpgth_ChangesFVF001.jpg

In the 70's, It was common for many undergrounds to be printed in 2 stages often at different printers. The covers were made 2 up or 4 up (2 or 4 to a sheet) then cut & machine folded. The guts were added later. Sometimes not all the covers were used. What follows are complete front & back covers with printed interiors, obviously never used. Unused covers of Zap #7 & Zap #8 are currently offered in my thread in the Mixed Ages section.

Zap #0 2nd-5th (not sure).........$15 (VF)

Zap #1 3rd..............................$15 (VF)

Yellow Dog #17.......................$19 (VF+)

Yellow Dog #19.......................$19 (VF+)

th_Zap0CoverProof001.jpgth_Zap13rdCoverProof001.jpgth_YellowDog17CoverProof001.jpgth_YellowDog19CoverProof001.jpg

In the mid 60's, Jay Lynch (Bijou Publishing currently doing wacky stuff for Topps) made his own Christmas cards. He drew them himself then had them printed on 8.5 X 11 sheets and sent to his friends. A couple of years ago I obtained a few of these from Jay that he found in an envelope sitting flat for 45 years. I have 2 of each available.

1965........................$19

1966........................$19

Or buy the pair for $29.

th_LynchXMasCard1966001.jpgth_LynchXMasCard1965001.jpg