• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC's thread go poof???

182 posts in this topic

So we have a CGC forum that is "RUN" by a large group of 21 year old(exact figures not in yet) with nothing better to do than fight amongst each other, call others names, wish someone Happy B-Day or Happy 20,000 post...Are you [!@#%^&^] for real? One big Unhappy family...Thats what it is.

There truly is no other forum like this in any other collectibles area and alot of you guys should be ashamed for making it like this. There are many users that you guys could learn from...Start Absorbing some good info instead of all the [!@#%^&^] thats spewed here.

Couldn't agree more. What a bunch of freaking we have here. Actually taking the time out to wish someone Happy Birthday. The nerve of some people! Starting threads to bust scam artists. How dare they? Donating a significant sum of money to Joanna to help her get back on her feet. Oh, the HORROR! They could have spent that hard-earned money on "investment quality/retirement fund comics". And the list goes on....... 893frustrated.gif

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. I'm going to start a forum for BSDs only. We're going to chat about how we paid $10,000 for a 9.8 label. Yeah, we'll show you. Screw all of you pimple-faced peons. mad.gif

Punctuation is for wussies.... Have you ever seen anyone put multiple periods between words and sentences? Its my SIGNATURE

I can sum it all up in one sentence.

COMGEEK IS A BAD BOY , A TROUBLEMAKER and CRAZY...hows that?

But Im loyal to my customers and treat them with respect.

have a great relationship with all dealers.

Never screwed anyone who did not have it coming..just kidding.

Have sold more CGC books than anyone...well maybe not Heritage.

Sold 6 comics this year alone in the 6 figure range.

Go to all conventions and have met forumites , so I know what im dealing with.

Like Pressed books.

and deal with everyone from Capt. Tripps to Mark Wilson on a weekly basis.

But these guys just dont have the time or patience to come on here (Doug excl)

They see the comments. They cant believe it, but they see them.

So we have a CGC forum that is "RUN" by a large group of 21 year old(exact figures not in yet) with nothing better to do than fight amongst each other, call others names, wish someone Happy B-Day or Happy 20,000 post...Are you [!@#%^&^] for real? One big Unhappy family...Thats what it is.

There truly is no other forum like this in any other collectibles area and alot of you guys should be ashamed for making it like this. There are many users that you guys could learn from...Start Absorbing some good info instead of all the [!@#%^&^] thats spewed here.

It's easy for those who don't spend much time in these Forums to crtiticize those that are here frequently. Don't like the discourse.....then spend a little time here and provide some positive input. Because all I see right now is someone who likes to criticize and be negative about these boards before running away and lurking. No one should take your comments seriously until you do something more than drive-by postings...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Punctuation is for wussies.... Have you ever seen anyone put multiple periods between words and sentences? Its my SIGNATURE

Like Pressed books.

Thanks...dont forget to tip your server..I'll be back same time next week

Good Night sign-offtopic.gif

hey GEEK, youre out of line.... again.

Sure, a majority of CGC posters here are "kids" who collect the "wrong" books and dont have the cash to make "exciting" purchases (in YOUR eyes). But 95% of them are well-meaning, fanatic comic collectors (and flippers) who enjoy these boards where they (we) get to talk with and compare notes with other like minded collectors. And there at least a dozen "big-time spenders with massive and impressive collections here as well.

But what steams you is that we collectors like to discuss the shortcomings of dealers.... Its a place we can tell horror stories and discuss our deals and dealings with you guys. Thats pretty new...and something we enjoy and its helpful in our future dealings. And you dont like it, do you?

I suppose you think youre pretty cool and savvy in your condescending attitude toward the "little fish" here.... and think too that your attitude has no cost to you since these poor schucks are not your target customers for those 6-figure books you bragged about. Well I for one will not deal with you now. Not after your comments. Buying or selling. Good luck trying to talk me into letting you have my collection.

Ive heard other dealers talk disparagingly about these boards and the members behind their backs. You are not alone in your elitist position. But wow - - you are the first bozo "brave" or stupid enough to come on here and make a fool of yourself doing it!!! Have fun. Good luck. Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Like Pressed books.

It's easy for those who don't spend much time in these Forums to crtiticize those that are here frequently. Don't like the discourse.....then spend a little time here and provide some positive input. Because all I see right now is someone who likes to criticize and be negative about these boards before running away and lurking. No one should take your comments seriously until you do something more than drive-by postings...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Yeah, Steve. I was with you until that last post, but now you're just being a . And if you're going to be a , then you should just leave. We've got enough [!@#%^&^] here already.

i take it you guys kissed and made up? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifangel.gif

Never had a problem with Carrot. It was a contrived flame war to liven things up. Besides, I got 2 tools from Toronto on the top of my hit list. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

two? confused.gif i thought you just had a problem with ares? confused-smiley-013.gif

justiceleaguer, those 2 are connected at the hip. I'm thinking of making a trip to Toronto. Hook up with AK, go to a con, then the forum dinner where we hopefully meet up with the gruesome twosome. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Like Pressed books.

Thanks...dont forget to tip your server..I'll be back same time next week

Good Night sign-offtopic.gif

have we found the real #3 of the 5th here . what family do you know of that doesn;t fight?

you have a vast store of imfo? TEACH don;t PREACH

sign-rantpost.gif 21 year old , lets see that would bePOV ,REDHOOK,ROCKETEER,

THE BRAIN( right here is were i tell everyone i'm 53,more twice that 21 there PAL)

and these are only a fraction of the larger "group that RUN " these boards.

if you read more post, or even stuck around more than once a week , you'ed see how wrong

you really are . These boards hold a wealth of imformation it all here for the asking.

try it some time this "large group of 21 year old " , might just suprise you. sign-rantpost.gif

Really? Then why did I received this reply after I asked (nicely) for a refund on poorly packaged books that were damaged in the mail. (Shipping cost was $27 - acutal shipping was $7).

"The amount of crybaby complaining e-mails I get is horrific..."

Customers usually don't like to be called crybabies. Especially after getting [!@#%^&^]-poor service. In the 27 years I have been buying comics, you are the only dealer that I won't do repeat business with.

Like Pressed books.

Jim

Yeah, Steve. I was with you until that last post, but now you're just being a . And if you're going to be a , then you should just leave. We've got enough [!@#%^&^] here already.

893whatthe.gifThis thread was putting me to sleep but now I like it. Hey if we all agreed with each other every day it would be pretty boring around here and I would be a weeked warrior myself. Nothing wrong with a little trash talking as long as its fun and not personal. I find it odd that people who get personal and make harsh comments are always the one's who act amazed and confused when they get heat back? They act like they are the victim.

Ligthen up folks and spare us the stories about how smart and important you think you are, no one cares about that cr@p. (FFB this is not directed at you, just a general statement).

... with nothing better to do than fight amongst each other, call others names...

Geek, your diatribe against the forumites would be a lot stronger if we hadn't just had a number of posts pulled because you decided to spew unprovoked insults and threats. If you are going to make a big show of taking the moral high road, be sure you are not buried in waist-deep mud first.

On a different subject:

Punctuation is a primary aid to effective written communication. Ellipses (the name for those "multiple periods") are fine when used correctly, as in the excerpt I used as an opening quote (with the ellipses standing in for words that went unquoted, so that the reader understands that the quote is incomplete both in front and behind the quoted text).

When used incorrectly, ellipses are like punctuation diarrhea: splattered all over a page in a chaotic, ineffective mess whose only meaning is to prove the author has no idea what he's doing. Ellipses are some of the most abused forms of punctuation there are. If you want to be proud of your ability to misuse them, that's fine. To each his or her own. But in the future, you might avoid calling others who have grasped the proper use of punctuation "wussies" when you are trying to make a dual point about name-calling being bad and effective communication being good.

Just a little helpful, completely unsolicited advice.

-- Joanna