• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NO encapsulation for books with overhang???

10 posts in this topic

I had submitted some books to CGC, one of which was a TMNT 1. I called to get the grades and was told they were unable to encapsulate the book because it had a cover overhang on the top. While I appreciate CGC protecting my book from possible damage, I remember seeing other books with overhangs encapsulated. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and does this mean the book is un-encapsulable? confused-smiley-013.gif

I called to get the grades and was told they were unable to encapsulate the book because it had a cover overhang on the top. While I appreciate CGC protecting my book from possible damage, I remember seeing other books with overhangs encapsulated.

It depends how bad the overhang is. I have books with a small overhang that have been slabbed. I guess the reasoning is that books with a larger overhang with be susceptible to holder damage. confused-smiley-013.gif

Seems to be a modern books thing. Happened with an ASM 300 I submitted, and all overhang rejections I've heard about, such as Supapimp's DDs, were all moderns. I've seen some slabbed SA books with SERIOUS overhangs, so there must be a greater degree of leniency there.

I was surprised because I have seen silver books with overhangs as well. But based on the feedback I am getting I assume this book is ungradeable.

Send it to CGG. They'll encapsulate it. Their new holder doesn't bang into overhangs. Just don't expect a decent resto check.

I was surprised because I have seen silver books with overhangs as well. But based on the feedback I am getting I assume this book is ungradeable.

Send it to CGG. They'll encapsulate it. Their new holder doesn't bang into overhangs. Just don't expect a decent resto check.

boo.gif

Davidking623