• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville Comic Expo - September 14-15, 2013 - LAUREN COHAN from WD + STERANKO!

118 posts in this topic

I arrived in KoR's Orlando area driveway 20 minutes ago & waited for him to get home from the bar. He showed-up a few minutes later, let me in, & went back out.

We have to be up at 3:30 am to board our 6 am flight to Nashville.

I'm eating his pretzels.

We made our 3:30 am breakfast roll call on time & were on the plane departing Orlando for Nashville at 6 am.

IMAG0684_zpsf6bb080c.jpg

I was grumpy cause I had to go poopie.

IMAG0683_zps4f9db576.jpg

Non-stop flight put us in town at 7 am local time.

We went right to the old downtown convention center & strolled about, many hours before the nerd population arrived.

IMAG0699_zps13a74070.jpg

For those of you that are not familiar with the Opryland Hotel, it is a massive complex (at one time it was the largest hotel in the US, outside Las Vegas) and is considered a destination hotel. In other words, the hotel itself is an attraction. It is located adjacent to the Grand Ol' Opry and a megamall, the Opry Mills.

opryland1.jpg

opryland2.jpg

opryland3.jpg

:gossip:Lots of buzz in the Heroes thread because of the appearance of Steranko. I see that he is scheduled to appear at this con as well.