• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Arch

24 posts in this topic

When the mods delete posts from threads they deem offensive, do the post counts for users who have had posts removed change to reflect the new number of extant posts?

If this is my 1001st post and you delete it, do I stay at 1001 or go down to 1000?

Thanks.

• Administrator

Posts are almost never deleted. They are moved to a restricted area. Thus, they are still in the database and still count towards your post count. This is so that any moderator actions in pulling posts can be reviewed and corrected on the off chance that a bad call is made. It's also so that removed posts can be reviewed in case strikes are recommended. Admin as well as user activity appears in a log that I check periodically to make sure nothing inappropriate goes on with admin powers.

Users can delete their own posts, but a marker remains if anyone has replied to that post. I'm not sure if the post count for a deleted post that has NOT been replied to remains. I am also not sure what would happen to the post count if an admin deleted a post.

There are no pulled posts in the restricted area for the user you are wondering about. There are no entries in the admin log documenting any deletes regarding that user.

So Cap, it sounds like the 12 posts you noted for Brulato are accurate. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good god man, are you saying that JC was being completely delusional in his recollection of the past and once again engaging in revisionist history? That he was completely, utterly, totally, 100% wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong (again)?! That's not very nice! 893naughty-thumb.gif

So Cap, it sounds like the 12 posts you noted for Brulato are accurate. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good god man, are you saying that JC was being completely delusional in his recollection of the past and once again engaging in revisionist history? That he was completely, utterly, totally, 100% wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong (again)?! That's not very nice! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well, what say thee, JC??

No, of course not. Arch is obviously a liar and I have no doubt that he spent the evening in question reviewing all the posts and selectively edited/deleted them in order to make TJB look good. I think we can put this little episode-of-shame down in forum history as Archgate. No doubt the millions of other personally insulted forumites have been wiped out by a man on a grassy knoll.

Well I know for a fact that TB deleted/edited some of his more colorful comments, after a few people took offense (again, notably CaptainsofIndustry) but I guess that concept is a bit beyond your meager brain stem.

I could call you all every sort of names, and then go back in a minute later and change it to the most glowing compliments possible. I guess that makes me a super nice guy, right? 27_laughing.gif

Well I know for a fact that TB deleted/edited some of his more colorful comments, after a few people took offense (again, notably CaptainsofIndustry) but I guess that concept is a bit beyond your meager brain stem.

I could call you all every sort of names, and then go back in a minute later and change it to the most glowing compliments possible. I guess that makes me a super nice guy, right? 27_laughing.gif

A fact eh?

I just went to the Test forum and tried an experiment. I made a post (my 1054th) and then deleted it. I then looked at my post count. Guess what? It was 1054.

Maybe TJB edited his posts. I can't possibly prove or disprove that. I would say though, that his posting style was not exactly that of a highly computer literate individual (particularly his block capitals, which are usually frowned on by computer types). How often do we see even long time members on these boards asking questions about the most basic facilities? I doubt he had the nous to edit his posts and unclick the 'mark as edited' box.

Give it up. You've been shown to suffer from selective memory failure at best and to be a downright liar at worst. You can wriggle but the hook is firmly lodged.

Ah, yet another charm offensive. Yeah, that's a really difficult concept to grasp, JC. Although you have no proof, plus why would a newcomer who wasn't interested in sparing anybody's feelings and knew he wasn't here for the long term bother to edit his posts? Perhaps COI could chime in to authenticate what you just said.

Perish the thought, JC. Glowing compliments? Where?

Maybe TJB edited his posts. I can't possibly prove or disprove that.

Exactly, so instead you call me a liar.

Good call Mr Fair. makepoint.gif

On the basis of the number of lies you've made so far on the subject, I'd say it was a very good call.

I've offerred a series of facts covering just about every base, except for one area where I admit it would be impossible to be 100% sure.

You've offerred nothing except a series of hysterical statements, all of which have been shown to contain untruths.

Believe it or not the people who post hear can read and aren't all stupid.

Maybe TJB edited his posts. I can't possibly prove or disprove that.

Exactly, so instead you call me a liar.

Good call Mr Fair. makepoint.gif

On the basis of the number of lies you've made so far on the subject, I'd say it was a very good call.

I've offerred a series of facts covering just about every base, except for one area where I admit it would be impossible to be 100% sure.

You've offerred nothing except a series of hysterical statements, all of which have been shown to contain untruths.

Believe it or not the people who post hear can read and aren't all stupid.

In the interests of equanimity and equivocation I suggest you PM all the people who contributed to the Brulato thread and ask them all whether they have any recollection of TB editing any of his 12 posts.

The thread ain't that old - surely someone other than JC should remember with reasonable clarity.

In the interests of equanimity and equivocation

I've HAD it! Fighting and quoting and such is one thing. But language like THAT?! blush.gifblush.gif You should be reported! 893naughty-thumb.gif

You're just envious because I NEVER make any typographical or grammatical mistakes. tongue.gif

I used to be an English teacher, don't you know. smirk.gif

Yes, I like to flaunt my erudition whenever possible. 893whatthe.gifblush.gif

In the interests of equanimity and equivocation

I've HAD it! Fighting and quoting and such is one thing. But language like THAT?! blush.gifblush.gif You should be reported! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Don't worry POV, I have alerted Arch.

We don't need none o' dat high falootin' talk on these here boards! 893naughty-thumb.gif