• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

2013-04-28172012_zps4481849c.jpg

Nei Ruffino did a great job on this. She is definitely one of the best colorists. Thanks Doug for picking it up!

Clay Mann is gonna finish a sketch for me by Motor City Comic Con and submit it there too. I can't wait to see it after seeing Doug's Cable and the X-Force sketch.

null_zpsb4fa3345.jpg

By Dawn McTeigue and profuse thanks to Doug for making this happen.

I was talking to Dawn as she was working on this (BTW she doesn't like this blank) and she mentioned a fun little bit about the history of this sketch. eBas himself did a tiny bit of uncredited work on it and provided her with guidance on how to get the blank to take color. :D

I thought the JLA blank was one of the better ones :shrug:

It's better than most of the Marvel blanks (except Avengers/X-Men 1 and the Marvel Now blanks) but worse than the DC blanks from Batman 0 onwards.

I was talking to Dawn as she was working on this (BTW she doesn't like this blank) and she mentioned a fun little bit about the history of this sketch. eBas himself did a tiny bit of uncredited work on it and provided her with guidance on how to get the blank to take color. :D

That's really cool that EBAS lent assistance, but I still feel like an because she asks for blanks that will take Copic and color. Next time it'll be blood spatter X-Men only for her. Since I know she likes that one.

I thought the JLA blank was one of the better ones :shrug:

My thoughts as well.

My C2E2 haul:

Scott Blair - Batman/Harley Quinn homage to The Graduate

2013-04-27_11-29-27_444.jpg

11x17 Jam Sketch

Alfred Trujillo - Wolverine as Batman (needs cowl/face touch up, inks, and colors)

Jen Broomall - White Queen Emma Frost

Dawn McTeigue - Black Queen Jean Grey

Scott Blair - Poison Ivy Slave Leia

IMG_20130428_140517.jpg

Jeff Balke - Colors added to B/W sketch variants. Also later signed by JSC and Philip Moy

2013-04-27_12-28-33_736.jpg

2013-04-27_12-28-40_978.jpg

Jam Sketch Cover

David Finch - White Rabbit pencils

Adelso Corona - Harley Quinn pencils and full sketch inks

Nei Ruffino - Colors

IMG_20130428_120159.JPG