• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner!

3 posts in this topic

(Sorry for the crosspost, but I know some attendees keep up with with this section more than Comics General or Comics Events)

FINAL ARRANGEMENTS:

We are confirmed for Gibson's on Saturday, August 14th at 7:30pm! Here are the salient details:

There will be a cash bar.

CGC is picking up the before dinner appetizers.

We're on our own for the rest of the food, which will include salad, choice of entree, and two side dishes.

As such, all attendees should Paypal Steve Borock $55 for their share of the dinner. His account is linked to sborock@cgccomics.com.

If you have to cancel, please let me know ASAP. Gibson's needs a guaranteed number of people no later than Thursday, but if you wait until then to let me know I reserve the right to hunt you down on the convention floor and ... give you a flower: flowerred.gif (hi.gif Arch) Also, if you would still like to attend, get your name on the list ASAP. Again, you have until Thursday at the latest!

As always, send all questions, comments, and death threats my way.

Alan

Confirmed!

What:

Chicago Comicon (aka Wizard Whirled) forum dinner!

When:

Saturday, August 14th, 7:30pm!

Where:

Gibson's Steakhouse

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE!

5464 North River Road

Rosemont IL 60018

(847) 928-9900

Why:

'Cause we're comic geeks!

How:

By foot! The place is right around the corner from the convention center and its hotels! You can't miss it!

Who:

More or less confirmed:

Steve Borock

Paul Litch

Mark Haspel

John Slater

Jerry Stephan

Me (PedigreeMan!)

Rob_react

Flying Donut

Fantasyfootballbono

BassGMan

Bobpfef

Drummy

CentaurMan

Kevin_boyd

Nochips

Archiefan

Captain Tripps

Stagedoorjohnnie

CPG_Guy

Comgeek

Qualitycomix

Moondog (Gary Colubauno)

JC Vaughn

Jamie David

Borock says he's going to bring:

Tom Brulato

Jason Ewert

MXXXXXXX NXXXX

JXXX HXXXXX

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Maybes:

Beyonder

Architect

Tom G.

Major Khaos? flowerred.gif

Cancellations:

Matt Nelson (slim possibility of him attending should his current plans fall through)

ValiantMan and his wife

FFB's girlfriend, Liz

No responses, taken as a "no":

Blazingbob

Anyone from Metropolis

Again, if you are coming, please Paypal $55 to Steve Borock's account (sborock@cgccomics.com). Thank you!

news.gif

Final arrangements for the dinner!

The party starts at 7:30pm on Saturday, August 14. Mingling, drinking, munching on appetizers will take place until 8:00pm, at which point dinner will be served. If you come later than that and expect to eat, you will be placed at the dunce table and have our leftovers thrown at you! stooges.gif I would assume we'll be finished eating by 9:30 (?), at which point the serious revelry will begin!

Gibson's needs a final head count by close of business Thursday, so there's still time to throw your name on the list and join us! All are welcome! If you need to cancel, please, please, please notify me by Thursday afternoon!

If you cannot make it to the full dinner, still feel free to stop by for some appetizers and drinks from the cash bar between 7:30 and 8:00, or come on by after we're finished stuffing ourselves and partake in the merriment!

If you are planning on attending the entire dinner and you haven't `Paypal'ed Steve Borock (sborock@cgccomics.com) $55, please do so at your earliest convenience. I want to have fun at this thing, not worry about running around collecting cash from you procrastinators! smile.gif

Over the next few hours, I'll be PMing my cell phone number to everyone who says they're attending. Feel free to use and abuse it this weekend -- if you have any questions, concerns, problems, whatever, do not hesitate to call me! If you want to meet up for lunch, ask me about the city, make plans to hang out, whatever, do not hesitate to call me! (I'm really hoping someone takes me up on my recommendation to go grab some lunch at either Gene & Jude's or Johnnie's. Get in touch with me if you want some authentic Chicago hot dogs and/or some genuine Italian beef "sangwiches.")

If you haven't received a PM from me in the next twelve hours and are on the list, want to be on the list, or are going to be anywhere near Chicago this weekend, drop me a PM and let me know!

Have a great convention, everyone! grin.gif

Alan