• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unca Harlan's Collection

23 posts in this topic

cool and all but wasn't Slobodian nixed for having restored books in his 'original owner' collection?

I wondered the same thing.

I think the Slobodian books had a pedigree, where these just have provenance.

And even the provenance has a different feel since Harlan claims these as "the books of his childhood," whereas the Cage Collection books, for example, definitely came from various dealers, probably already slabbed.

cool and all but wasn't Slobodian nixed for having restored books in his 'original owner' collection?

I wondered the same thing.

I think the Slobodian books had a pedigree, where these just have provenance.

And even the provenance has a different feel since Harlan claims these as "the books of his childhood," whereas the Cage Collection books, for example, definitely came from various dealers, probably already slabbed.

OK, but...Harlan Ellison would have been in his 30s when the 1960s Marvel Keys came out. He was born in 1934.

Harlan came to the Motor City show back in the 90's, he ended up buying a Porky Pig Hawaiian shirt from my wife, I saw him wearing it one evening on his SyFy show.

If memory serves, Mike Goldman told me that his appearance fee was a few thousand dollars worth of Golden Age comics. Deal for Mike, deal for Harlan.

Go Mr. Ellison!