• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most diffucult Bronze Age to find in high grade?

62 posts in this topic

Other than variants I'd say some of the Tomahawks like 116, some of the DC romance like maybe Heart Throbs 120 or DC 100 Superspec 5, some of the various DC war books and humor books. Maybe some other obscure stuff I can't think of confused-smiley-013.gif

Agree, the scarcesty book is probably some obscure humor/romance/teen book that nobody even has. Well, I guess Ian does, and that lady who recently completed her DC run, and greggy probably has it in NM...but no one else has one! 27_laughing.gif

Actually, now that I think about it, you're not talking about keys and I think both of the other threads were about keys.

High grade, any grade, at least some of the toughest books HAVE to be the western 35 cent variants:

Like this one

Can be Keys too, but really just looking for ANY issue(s) you feel is/are just REALLY hard to find NM- or better. thumbsup2.gif

Other than variants I'd say some of the Tomahawks like 116, some of the DC romance like maybe Heart Throbs 120 or DC 100 Superspec 5, some of the various DC war books and humor books. Maybe some other obscure stuff I can't think of confused-smiley-013.gif

Which DC war and humor books? popcorn.gif I'm starting a shopping list!

Bronze war books? I don't think the mainstream war titles are all that uncommon as war has always been a fairly followed genre and most of the bronze war titles are parts of long runs... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe Star Spangled War Stories 154, GI Combat 138. Ask greggy on the humor confused-smiley-013.gif

On the Horror end its been talked about a lot maybe HOM 175,176,179, 190, 236, 256 HOS 81,82, 85, 86 Unexpected 118 confused-smiley-013.gif

Bronze war books? I don't think the mainstream war titles are all that uncommon as war has always been a fairly followed genre and most of the bronze war titles are parts of long runs... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

True, but some are still difficult in NM- or better. makepoint.gif

I got a VF/NM copy of that for five bucks at a shop near me that has no more than 200 comics for sale at any given time. Needless to say I jumped all over it. It's one of my favorite Wrightson covers ever.

I got a VF/NM copy of that for five bucks at a shop near me that has no more than 200 comics for sale at any given time. Needless to say I jumped all over it. It's one of my favorite Wrightson covers ever.

Gypsy, Tramp & Thief! 893naughty-thumb.gif