• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby's House

26 posts in this topic

I looked and couldn't find any prior threads related to this topic. Does anyone know where I can find a photo of the Long Island house?

Thanks,

John

No, sorry, but you made me move and I did a quick scan of the two pictures I have of the studio. August 1991, slightly before Jack’s 74th birthday.

The table looks older than I recalled, but can’t be the same. The wall structure seems similar to the photo posted, however.

JackKirby-ThousandOaks1991_zps9462b2f6.jpg

Great photos. Looks like he had a pool right outside of his studio window. No wonder he left Long Island. :D

Yes, the pool was there, but was covered with a plastic sheet. I guess they did not use it too much. Jack had also a dog and a cat (he did not like cats, from what I got: he offered me to take their cat).

The house looked like time stood still, freezed in the 1970s. Loved it. I almost fainted when I saw him behind the window’s blinds as he approached to open the door (this is better understood if you think I barely travel and I have never been abroad except that time and once in Switzerland). First travel, first trip to the USA, and meeting Jack Kirby in person. Enough for an heart attack! :D

Yes, the pool was there, but was covered with a plastic sheet. I guess they did not use it too much. Jack had also a dog and a cat (he did not like cats, from what I got: he offered me to take their cat).

The house looked like time stood still, freezed in the 1970s. Loved it. I almost fainted when I saw him behind the window’s blinds as he approached to open the door (this is better understood if you think I barely travel and I have never been abroad except that time and once in Switzerland). First travel, first trip to the USA, and meeting Jack Kirby in person. Enough for an heart attack! :D

....I'm so envious of you, Claudio. Meeting Kirby is something that would have been a high point of my life....especially at his house/studio. Did he fix you one of his world famous Baloney sandwiches ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...I'm so envious of you, Claudio. Meeting Kirby is something that would have been a high point of my life....especially at his house/studio. Did he fix you one of his world famous Baloney sandwiches ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No, but I think I drank my one (and only) Diet Pepsi there, offered by Roz. Diet Pepsi was something weird, as we did not have any "Diet" beverages here in Italy at the time besides Diet Coke: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Light

The best thing, however, is that he gifted me me a signed copy of the Argosy issue with "Street Code". :whee:

I understand your (positive) envy, Jimbo, but you had the opportunity to read many of his books as they came out, and really it felt like Jack was connected to all the kids which grew up with his books. (thumbs u