• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAND UP 2 CANCER - Auction - Refund offered on page 12

120 posts in this topic

I just picked up an Original Owner collection from a man in Roenoke Virginia. :banana:

Books were purchased by him in the late 50's to the mid 60's. Almost every Marvel Super Hero title. Also some pre-hero books, and a handful of DC.

He even included a letter to me describing how he used to take the bus to Peter's News Stand on Main Street in Lynchburg, to buy these comics off the rack

petersnews

There is a lot of real nice shape books, but also a lot that have been well read. Im planning on taking my time selling them, but will be offering most of them here to fellow Boardies first.

Im going to start by putting some low grade lots together, and auctioning them here, and Donating the profits to Stand UP 2 Cancer!! I did a raffle last year along with selling a few books, and was able to make a hefty Donation :applause:

** Please dont PM asking if I have certain issues. Im sorry, but I have a lot of work to do before I start offering single books :foryou:

Check or MO prefferred, but will gladly accept Paypal. Shipping will be $10 for US ONLY. Elsewhere pays exact.

:news: - BONUSES ADDED on PAGE 9 :whee:

Im going to start with 3 lots. All of these books are LOW Grade Reader copies. Missing covers, loose centerfolds, ripped pages.. etc.

But remember the money is going to a Great Cause!! :whee:

These will all start at $5, and please bump in at least $1 increments.

ALL will end Wednesday, Jan 30th at 8:00 PM EST.

If these go well :wishluck:, I will add some more lots at that time (Pre-Hero Marvel)

Buy it Now on any lot is $1000 lol (Only because I am forced to give a price :gossip: )

Ive added 11 more lots - Something for Everyone!

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #6

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #6

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

Thanks for teaching me the rules - Thread updated with buy it now's (they are ridiculously high!!)

You did give a price - auctions starting at $5 - BINs are unnecessary. Mr. Pike was quoting the rules erroneously. Auctions are allowed and have been run successfully many times..

No.. Mr. Pike was correct. You must list a price YOU WILL SELL FOR.. not a starting price.

No harm and the issue was rectified.

Good luck with the auction! :applause: