• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with Platinum and Earlier comic identification...

33 posts in this topic

Ok,

I went back to the antique store with the copy of "A Bunch of Lemons" to get a closer look. It turns out that it is a mostly-text book, consisting of a collection of lemon jokes (who knew?)

Anyway, besides the cover, there is only on other small illustration on the title page. Still worth the buy?

Such early Annies seem like an absolute bargain at $50 each. Not a comic, but has anyone ever seen this wooden display of Tighe? Love to find out what year it was made. It's about a 6" by 12" and there's no identifying marks. Homemade?

newbusterdoglargeformat.jpg

I would venture to guess circa 1905 - 1910.

Hello all,

Ok, I've got a new batch for you to look at. Sorry for the poor photos, but the shop had bad light and the owner was a bit worrisome about me taking pictures.

The prices aren't cheap on these books, so I would appreciate some insight.

Hewitt's Illuminated Household Stories for Little folks - vol 1. Cinderella - ca 1855 - Supposedly an early Cinderella story. Sorry no interior shots, but it has illustrations on almost every page.

2013-05-30171428_zps1f36fe3c.jpg

No, I can't find the Hewitt (Cinderella) book at all there. I was thinking it might be in the "not recognized yet" camp. At $250, I would like to make sure...

I'm also wondering if the Three Little Pigs books might be something. It's one of the few books of this type the noted illustrator Walter Crane did. (or so I'm told)