• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art....Super Happy

6 posts in this topic

Mrs. Eaton you are an amazing woman.

I've made it known for sometime that I wanted to have something big or grand for my Avengers vs. X-Men Set that I am currently putting together. Many of my issues are in right now for pregrading / grading and while a man can wish for a 9.9 or 10 Gem Mint these are again Moderns and many times this isn't as hard a feature to find.

Still even a 10 Gem Mint truly wouldn't be the center piece I would be looking for in this collection. It would be awesome but not really the oh my god Becky look at that butt Sir Mix A Lot piece. So what does that mean, yep Original Art.

I have been able to find a few interrior pages here and there but for the out and out cost I have only been able to buy small inexpensive pieces featuring one guy here, one guy their and the back of someones head. Its nice and all and when framed with a copy of the orignial page and a CGC copy it will look amazing but still nothing grand.

I look around on a few sites and found a few cover pages... holy cow pies Batman you want how much??? Ummm thank you, it looks amazing on the comic with color inside a CGC case so no thank you.

Until Today. So yes its not a Cover but features an iconic pose of two amazing characters from the series and a small boy who I shall name Kama after my son.

Featured is AvX Consequences #3 Page #1 with blue line by Scot Eaton and Inks by Andrew Hennessy. Ironman, Lei Kung, and now as I said before Kama survey the damage done to the Mystic City of K'un-Lun.

Thank you Mrs. Eaton for letting me know it was their and giving me a chance at winning it.

Enjoy

12975.jpg

See more journals by kaholo1256

A part of me would love to collect original art... but it is just way too expensive.

But if I did collect... I would go for Wrightson and Kaluta works... followed by anything Brian Bolland. Of course I would throw down Mad Bucks for original Kirby... but I honestly don't have Mad Bucks.

Congrats on the acquisition... very nice!

By the way... I really dig the name... Kama... sounds like a story there. What's the meaning behind it?

SW3D

SW3D - Yes for the most part it is expensive. I have learned that if you contact the artists themselves then you can usually get a page here and there cheaper than going on the commissioned websites. Additionally at many Con's if you hit one up early and show as much enthusiasm as you normally have for comics, speak to them about what you enjoy about there art, then many times they help out on the price because they know you aren't there to simply profit off there kindness.

This one after I had already bought some through here I was notified she had already put this up online. Honestly was prepared to go much farther as this one was an amazing center piece worthy page I paid total $157.50 which in the world of art is phenomenal.

Another great thing I have found is what Neal Adams does. Pick out something you want from his back log's or even a commissioned piece and he does interest free payment plans. Once your done paying he either ships it to you or meets you at a Con of your choice.

Wrightson was in Austin not to long ago and actually had a few pages. Not sure how much they were going for but I believe Austin Books and Comics picked a few up.

As for my sons name, his full name is Kamakani we just shorten it as a nickname. It means the wind in Hawaiian and wind paired with our family name means Wind that moves swiftly or quickly.

Grand Master I did back in the day and as much as I thought about that when we were naming him the pairing of our family name and his first went really well. Our daughters name is Meleokalani which means heavenly song. We tend to name our children with traditional Hawaiian names as thats part of there actual culture that both there father (me) and so forth and so on grew up with.

Love the Hawaiian heritage, and the family names are way cool.

I also have a piece of Scot Eaton art I bought years ago, Silver Surfer #118 cover. He is very nice and even drew me a nice sketch that he included with the cover I bought. It was a nice surprise when I opened it up and saw the sketch. This is a cool site you can use to display your art and check out other art collections: http://www.comicartfans.com/

sig.jpg

Surfer99,

Yeah checked that site out yesterday... and already in talks with two in reference to adding to my Original Art collection. As soon as I can though I will start posting on there as well. So much cool art and the ability to stream line my sketch requests for blanks is amazing.

I say thanks, my wife.... maybe not so much