• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safest and fastest postal service? Book arrived safely. Thanks guys!!!

26 posts in this topic

I think you can do fedex international next flight and you should get it overnight, with insurance it shouldn't be too bad. Just like $900-$1200. May also incur some duties. We like fedex more for international, ups more domestic, but thats just us.

You can always just hire a real bonded courier from a reputable firm. Shouldn't be more than $5000 (someone may have to pay duties depending on the value of the comic). Overnight too. The guy picks it up, puts it in his briefcase, gets on the plane, and delivers it by hand to you.

I would recommend those two for fastest and securest.

If you bought one of the 9.6 copies, this may work. hm

I think its ok for a 9.4 or 9.2 also.

But yah seriously. If you're paying $20K or more for a comic I'd just fly to america and take a vacation too. $1500 ticket = vacation + peace of mind. Although if you can afford a 20K comic you should fly first class. So $2900 = vacation + peace of mind, and you might as well arrange for a few more grail purchases while you're here.

I think its ok for a 9.4 or 9.2 also.

But yah seriously. If you're paying $20K or more for a comic I'd just fly to america and take a vacation too. $1500 ticket = vacation + peace of mind. Although if you can afford a 20K comic you should fly first class. So $2900 = vacation + peace of mind, and you might as well arrange for a few more grail purchases while you're here.

:roflmao:

It's no wonder that items get lost when going through the postal service. Your book arrived today Revat, as did the one Pirate sent, and this was my experience this morning at the parcel collection depot:

I walk up to the counter and hand over the cardboard slip they left when I wasn't home to sign for the books. The counter is staffed by an incredibly friendly, but incredibly doey lady.

She walks over to the rack of parcels and picks up one and brings it back to the counter and says: "Sign here please" gesturing at the electronic doodad;

Me: "Err. Before I sign, I think there's another one over there for me";

Her: "No... Nope, this is it";

Me: "The slip you're holding states 1 small box and 1 medium box - this is only the small box";

Her: "Oh. Well, they probably made a mistake when marking the slip";

Me: "No, there was no mistake. I can see the second box over there on the rack. It's got (*my surname*) written in nico on the side in massive letters";

Her: "I thought your surname was pronounced (*insert epic pronunciation fail here*)";

Me: (Trying to smile and not grimace) "I'm not here to argue semantics on the pronunciation of my surname... Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude - I'm just in a bit of a hurry - could you please get that second box for me?";

Her: (Wanders off, collects box, wanders back towards the counter like a disoriented joey in a storm) "Weeell, it's lucky you're on the ball. You must really want this package!";

Me: (sigh) "Yep. Want my mail".

Add to the fact that the parcel tracking still shows your package (Revat) in transit between the US and AU and confidence levels are low!! Lucky postage is so cheap. :facepalm:

Book arrived safe guys! I used FED EX Prioirty international it was expensive but worth it.

AF15650001_zps702a5dd2.jpg

AF15650002_zps2671e108.jpg

AF15650003_zps041c5a6d.jpg

Geez. CGC can be really tough on restored books. That is one pretty 6.5. Congrats!

I should add that if speed is NOT of huge importance, up to a four pound package can be shipped USPS first class registered. It will take a good 10 days to arrive, but it can be insured for up to 25K. It's also far cheaper - probably under $50. Anyone that touches it has to sign for it - and when it's not traveling it's locked up.