• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cream to Off-White pages irrelevant now?

22 posts in this topic

Here's the best I could do. It's from my last submission, I no longer have a scanner so I can't touch it up at all.

It looks like tanning to me, and CGC noted that that is what it is on their grader's notes.

Tanning w/ white pages

Thanks...do you have a front scan? Is this one of the Spideys you posted a scan of a few months ago? I seem to remember you posting a Spidey 67 CGC 9.2 which you said had some tanning. I haven't really seen CGC try to distinguish the severity of isolated tanning, but I do know that I've seen a 9.4-looking book get an 8.0 due solely to tanning, and the Spidey 1 CGC 9.6 on Jay Parrino's site used to have a label note about tanning prior to being reslabbed, so obviously there are several different severities of isolated tanning that CGC downgrades differently for--some a lot and some not at all.

This is the ASM 67. I believe it just goes to show you, you HAVE to look at the book. It says white pages, but that book would deteriorate more quickly than a C-ow book. They definately DO downgrade on the numeric grade for it, but they didn't touch the PQ. My other copy (the ASM 52) is listed as having "off-white" pages and it has a slightly darker tan line in the same spot.

Brian