• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Were Has All The Passion For Comic Books Gone

29 posts in this topic

Cal, I enjoyed your story as I enjoy others on here that talk about there early days of collecting!!!

Punyhuman

I am glad you enjoyed that story.

Time permitting I will add more in the future!

CAL hi.gif

Ok it's been a rough week here on the boards.8/6/04 may go done as "Black Friday", or the

day of "Ignore User". Ok I survived,nobody really got hurt,yes it got heated, yes people acted

like childern. Could it be better,Yes. But how? Show me the passion that keeps you on here.

Tell me(NO make that everyone reading here) what,why, when, where. how, it started.

I'm going to sit back and let this go were it will, but be real, be civil,bring me your love of comics.

so for my 500th post i ask "WHERE IS THE PASSION?" For Me It's Right Here thumbsup2.gif

I don;t know. A few people got REALLY ticked off. A FEW people said they were gonna put some other FEW PEOPLE on Ignore. A TON of posts got made in just a FEW topics.

It is like the news nowadays. There are a many acts of charity, bravery, kindness etc. and all we hear about are the crimes. Yet the kind acts probably outweigh the crimes 10 or 100 or 1000 to one.

Don't get sucked in by Board Media Hype. Basically we are as we have been. thumbsup2.gif There have been a LOT of new posts with interesting things being posted.

I don;t know. A few people got REALLY ticked off. A FEW people said they were gonna put some other FEW PEOPLE on Ignore. A TON of posts got made in just a FEW topics.

It is like the news nowadays. There are a many acts of charity, bravery, kindness etc. and all we hear about are the crimes. Yet the kind acts probably outweigh the crimes 10 or 100 or 1000 to one.

Don't get sucked in by Board Media Hype. Basically we are as we have been. thumbsup2.gif There have been a LOT of new posts with interesting things being posted.

I hate it when I agree with POV 893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

I hate it when I agree with POV 893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

I think it's time for another Group Hug. cloud9.gif

POV You , Me , 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Keep saying it here. hi.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Last night I got home after a long day at work to be told by my wife that my five year old had taken his latest batman figurine to school for show and tell....supposedly after 10 minutes of background around batman and the DC universe in general the teacher had to cut him off....he turned and looked at her and said "but I haven't even started on the villians yet". I love my son.

I have more passion for comics now than I did as a kid because I have two boys to share them with.

It also helped that I got my loony tunes #27 from heritage last night cloud9.gif

The first time I saw the Silver Surfer 4 cover I was hooked. What a great tattoo that would be on someones chest. Wow. My passion for comics today is at an all time high. What a wonderful time to be a collector and fanboy. I would love to take a year off of work and read all the golden age and silver age books that are on my to read list. I can't even afford some of those reader issues in poor. Oh well.

There are so many great wonderful people in the comic industry who are so uniquely different. Having a credible grading service like CGC has zoomed our industry and propelled our passion to the next level. I think a lot of people would agree that it has become an addiction. I held a Detective 27 the other day. You would have thought I was holding Pamela Lee Anderson's t9t's the way I was adoring what was in my hand. cloud9.gif