• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con Ban?

64 posts in this topic

If you were innocent yet facing the same accusations, how would you want to be treated?

DG

If I were innocent and facing the same accusations...

I wouldn't spend 11 years trying to avoid the court system and stalling the process.

I wouldn't try to leave the country by attempting to immagrate to Israel

I would avoid going anywhere near anyone under the age of 18 until it was all cleared up.

now if I were guilty? Sounds like a good use of my Dragon*con money to do everything I could to stay out of jail.

If you were innocent yet facing the same accusations, how would you want to be treated?

DG

If I were facing the same accusations...

I wouldn't spend 11 years trying to avoid the court system and stalling the process.

I would avoid going anywhere near anyone under the age of 18 until it was all cleared up.

I'm guessing you mean that's what you would do if you weren't guilty.

I think the fact he was placed under house arrest instead of being behind bars is an indication that authorities weren't 100% convinced of his guilt.

House arrest vs Incarceration pending trial is not based on a preconception of guilt/innocence.

The defense (bought with Dragon*con money) likely argued that based on his medical needs Kramer's needs could not easily be met from jail. And considering the degree of overcrowding already present in our prisons, most Judges will rubber stamp any valid reason to not hold someone in jail pending trial unless they are an axe murdered.

It's not based on guilt innocence since there's been no trial or evidence presented at this point.

DG

If I were facing the same accusations...

I'm guessing you mean that's what you would do if you weren't guilty.

whups, yep...

totally did not stick the landing on that point doh!

It takes a lot of hatred to pursue a man and kick him further after law enforcement is already addressing his violations. To each their own.

Please feel free use my foot to kick any pedophile while they're down, up, in, out, in sickness and in health. I'll feel sorry for them when I get around to it, which will be never.

i agree dice. i just cant feel sorry for convicted pedo's. i dont believe in the death penalty, but wouldnt bat an eye for a gas chamber for a convicted pedo. not saying this guy is guilty though.

It takes a lot of hatred to pursue a man and kick him further after law enforcement is already addressing his violations. To each their own.

I've banned DragonCon because there's just too many damn people.

But, this guy owns 34% of DragonCon still, so asking people (who are probably unaware of his ties, like I was) to not give them business is a worthwhile effort. There's a little too much information on Edward Kramer for me to feel any sort of sympathy for someone like that.

If it takes hatred to pursue a man who takes advantage of children further than what the law will do, then I am thankful we have hateful people like that in our society that are strong-willed enough to continue the fight long after everyone has apathetically moved past it, or found it in their heart to "forgive and forget."

If you are going to boycott Dragon Con, do it for the same reason I do it. The crappy parking lot in the area put a wheel boot on my vehicle during Dragon Con 2004 when the parking lot attendant made eye contact with me and SAW me placing money in the drop box. Do it because Dragon Con doesn't take any responsibility for the crappy location and parking situation. They also make you walk 4 city blocks to get from one end of the show to the other and keep the registration lines long and away from anything else you are going to do. Those are my reasons for boycotting Dragon Con

Cause those are waaaaaaaaaay more important factors than objecting to paedophilia. :facepalm:

Its not like people are telling everyone to go burn this guy's house down or punch in the face do something violent or illegal. They're just informing people of some facts and asking them to take their money elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. And that facts are not that he has been convicted, but that he is suspected of something. If that is enough to sway your opinion of dragoncon, so be it, nothing wrong with that either.

For any other big spenders or promotional companies in the South I would say this would be a great time to scramble and start your OWN competing convention.

"The Atlanta Super Comic Show!!! Atlanta's only Sci-Fi/Comic Convention NOT-OWNED by a suspected child molester!!!" The marketing practically writes itself.

This is a thread that should just be deleted and never reappear.

[font:Book Antiqua]I disagree, some topics should be examined and talk about them...[/font]

(tsk)

I agree - but do you think a comic forum is THAT place?

(shrug)

[font:Book Antiqua]Yes, because we are talking about a Comic Book Convention

(One of the most larger in England)

and one of his partners/founders/associate...[/font]

Dragon Con is in Atlanta, Georgia, which is in the United States of America.

Doc, that's just how big it is, it's in Atlanta but it's one of the largest conventions in England.

[font:Book Antiqua]I disagree, some topics should be examined and talk about them...[/font]

(tsk)

(shrug)

Doc, that's just how big it is, it's in Atlanta but it's one of the largest conventions in England.

I think 1/4 people in England still think the US is part of Britain.

If you are going to boycott Dragon Con, do it for the same reason I do it. The crappy parking lot in the area put a wheel boot on my vehicle during Dragon Con 2004 when the parking lot attendant made eye contact with me and SAW me placing money in the drop box. Do it because Dragon Con doesn't take any responsibility for the crappy location and parking situation. They also make you walk 4 city blocks to get from one end of the show to the other and keep the registration lines long and away from anything else you are going to do. Those are my reasons for boycotting Dragon Con

Cause those are waaaaaaaaaay more important factors than objecting to paedophilia. :facepalm:

Poor parking availability is #1 on the list of mortal sins....6 spots above buggery.

Amazing the amount of navel gazing that occurs in the world.

Here are some fresh ones for those getting bored with staring into their own.

Navels_b_zpsd3dae7c6.jpg

Gazing1_zpsb33240d7.jpg

(tsk)

(shrug)

We have to send our criminals somewhere.

(tsk)

(shrug)

I think the NRA still do, too. (thumbs u

(tsk)

(shrug)

I think the NRA still do, too. (thumbs u

lol