• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Wow. Not cheap. So when you decide you're going to make that investment is it usually because you think you can sell that book and make a certain margin? What's the magic number?

They dont think that far ahead in some cases sadly.

CGC collectors are a vast bunch. Some flip them, some collect them, some have them signed and remarked, others chase the Perfect book 10.0, while others display them.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Was at my shop today with a friend and saw that they had #1(2nd print) and #2. Picked them up because of all the wonderful posts in this thread and because Ken takes the time to come and interact. Just read them and loved it :cloud9: I"ll be adding it to my pull-list.

:golfclap:

i like to refer to the series as a mature Charlie Brown

+1

Got my second print of 1 today in the mail.

:headbang:

Edited by Fastballspecial

I just picked up a F/VF reader pair of #1 and #2 1st prints to leave on my desk at work for co-workers to read.

I did this w/ Saga vol 1 tpb, PeterP vol 1 tpb, Revival Vol 1 tpb and Batman 13-16 and in each case, 4 co-workers went to the LCS and subscribed to at least one of them.

(In every case, I got the - " holy mess this isn't the comics I read in the 90s... ")

I just picked up a F/VF reader pair of #1 and #2 1st prints to leave on my desk at work for co-workers to read.

I did this w/ Saga vol 1 tpb, PeterP vol 1 tpb, Revival Vol 1 tpb and Batman 13-16 and in each case, 4 co-workers went to the LCS and subscribed to at least one of them.

(In every case, I got the - " holy mess this isn't the comics I read in the 90s... ")

Mangbus -- you're batting a thousand. I hope you keep that batting avg when they try TODD.

Mangbus -- you're batting a thousand. I hope you keep that batting avg when they try TODD.

I don't think that will be a problem. It is too different and great! Oh and it's ongoing :acclaim:

WOW, awesome technique. Kinda stealthy and not so stealthy wrapped into one.

My second print is floating around between my friends somewhere and I know everyone of them have liked it enough to add it to their subs. The TTUKINTW street team strikes again!!!

My second print is floating around between my friends somewhere and I know everyone of them have liked it enough to add it to their subs. The TTUKINTW street team strikes again!!!

You're going really retro, THB. Because, in fact, the first -script was called TODD, THE UGLIEST KID IN THE WORLD, but we eventually changed it to ON EARTH when we submitted to Image.

I love the street team idea. We should make official badges, like the U.S. Marshals. But instead of searching for fugitives from justice they seek out fugitives from comics -- folks who used to read them but gave up -- and slap them around with new awesome books till they acquiesce.

You're going really retro, THB. Because, in fact, the first -script was called TODD, THE UGLIEST KID IN THE WORLD, but we eventually changed it to ON EARTH when we submitted to Image.

I love the street team idea. We should make official badges, like the U.S. Marshals. But instead of searching for fugitives from justice they seek out fugitives from comics -- folks who used to read them but gave up -- and slap them around with new awesome books till they acquiesce.

I was one of these fugitives until about three years ago. I'm not sure who the Marshal was that slapped me around, but after a long layoff it was worth it. I think I may have been at Guantanamo because I woke up in an orange jumpsuit.

:signfunny: