• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

May is crazy for me because MK and I will be in LA working on issue #5 -- he's only here for a limited amount of time and we're gonna need all the time we have.

Wish I could spend my May that way :D

Ken,

did you have the entire "mini series" all set in stone and printed up before you learned it was going to be an ongoing?

if not, did you flesh the story out some with issue #3?

Issue #3 was submitted to the printer before I went to ECCC and talked with Eric Stephenson about making Todd ongoing.

My LCS has more copies of Todd # 3 than Peter Panzerfaust #10.

Now that's an indirect endorsement for certain.

Congrats Ken. Champagne glass raised.

Ken, while you're still around..could you tell us if you plan on tacking a breather between issue 4 and issue 5? I thought I heard you mention that in an AUDIO interview(?) I can't seem to find it now and wondering if I was dreaming. Next month is issue #4 and then you and Perker would take 3 months off? Don't want disinfo here..so thought I would ask b4 assuming anything.

That was a great 4.5/5 stars write up you got. Big day tomorrow for ish #3.

Also, do you happen to know the print run of ish #2? It is going back to a second print, so reckon you may hazard a guess at it.

I would just add the quicker you can fill the space between 4 and 5 the better it will be for the book. I realize there will be a gap, but the shorter the better.

Maybe a 3rd print of 1 to fill the space if needed? (shrug)

THIS (but only if the content/story is not rushed/planned out/etc)

The press release from Image is imminent, but I'll give you guys the scoop now. We have the trade paperback coming out July 3rd and then issue #5 in stores August 7th. We've got the whole next arc planned out and I'll be writing the -script soon. M.K. will be drawing the cover for issue #5 in the next few weeks -- because Image demands all August covers be turned in by April 15 for PREVIEWS.

CORRECTION: We've just decided to give ourselves a bit more time for issue #5 -- so scratch my previous statement. #5 will be in stores Sept 4th.

CORRECTION: We've just decided to give ourselves a bit more time for issue #5 -- so scratch my previous statement. #5 will be in stores Sept 4th.

So sad :( but if that means a butt-kicking title...

Edited by Manifesto

hmmm. Ken, if #5 is out in September, then it might be best to push the TPB back to August, or possibly two weeks before #5 is due out.

having the TPB come out in July and then a two month gap for #5 does not sound like a good idea.

I hear ya. Something will fill that gap between July and Sept...perhaps a Todd-related one-shot?...

hmmm. Ken, if #5 is out in September, then it might be best to push the TPB back to August, or possibly two weeks before #5 is due out.

having the TPB come out in July and then a two month gap for #5 does not sound like a good idea.

I hear ya. Something will fill that gap between July and Sept...perhaps a Todd-related one-shot?...

sounds Fantastic!

Wow - you are a brave man Ken - build up a head of steam and then.....pffffffffft, let all the air out of the bag.

Once you have a real buzz on about your book, its a tall order to get it back when its gone.

Hope it all works out for you mate.

For those of us that have slabbed them though - we might be getting some back by September!!

Good Luck Ken.

Whens the action figure coming out?

Andy -- we are putting the best we've got into the book, so I've got faith that Todd's fans will come back and the trade will bring even more to issue #5. And who knows...maybe MK will work faster than he thinks and it'll actually be ready by August! That man is one of the fastest in the biz.

August sounds a lot closer somehow!

Just would hate to see all your hard work undone with scheduling issues.

If its a workload thing maybe ditch the one-shot and just get #5 done and dusted - if you guys can.

Mind if I ask a question?

Who decides on the covers? Because the homage thing is very clever and enjoyable.

Do you guys pour a glass of red and go,righto-ho, lets base this cover on 'Wild,Wild,West' - they will never think of that, or do you just see a movie on TV and go - Bingo!

That will be our next cover. (please don't do a Wild,Wild West one - that film blew chunks ;) )

Interested to know.