• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

August sounds a lot closer somehow!

Just would hate to see all your hard work undone with scheduling issues.

If its a workload thing maybe ditch the one-shot and just get #5 done and dusted - if you guys can.

Mind if I ask a question?

Who decides on the covers? Because the homage thing is very clever and enjoyable.

Do you guys pour a glass of red and go,righto-ho, lets base this cover on 'Wild,Wild,West' - they will never think of that, or do you just see a movie on TV and go - Bingo!

That will be our next cover. (please don't do a Wild,Wild West one - that film blew chunks ;) )

Interested to know.

All the covers have been M.K.'s idea -- he gets inspired and just goes for it. Though I love the homages, #4 (which is NOT an homage) is my favorite so far -- because it's the first one with the whole Belluomo family and it epitomizes them so perfectly and economically.

240th top comic sold Feb/2013 Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth #2 $2.99 Image 6,177 sold

Congrats Ken, M.K. and Image.

Yes, a one shot would be AWESOME, however...if I may throw might hat in the ring....I would think I would not want to lose Mr. MO. That's Momentum. Bringing #5 to market and the cig stained digits to those that have been eating up the story succinctly would be a healthy idea. "Fight fans" can be fickle sometimes in the comic world and can get distracted with throwing $ at other books when their is a "void" to fill. When TODD comes back from a small hiatus (the smaller the better for its readership), I'd want all the money and continued interest that was being slapped down for #4 still waiting for it to be shovel ready and doled out when #5 hits the market.

Releasing the TODD action figure and the TPB in stores during that time off to write/pencil the 2nd arc would be great timing and keep TODD in-sight and on-minds while peps are in-store - master of the obvious, I know. ;)

I hope we can continue to grow TODD.....well, I mean not literally and all. lol

Think the cosplay judges will show the love if I were to show up at the St Louis con in prison orangees and a bag over my head? Maybe some handcuffs?

You show up in St. Louis this weekend in that and I will buy your lunch.

I can tell you that you will be able to save your lunch money. I will be working in the artist alley area. Might try the bag though!

Thanks all the same...

240th top comic sold Feb/2013 Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth #2 $2.99 Image 6,177 sold

Congrats Ken, M.K. and Image.

Yes, a one shot would be AWESOME, however...if I may throw might hat in the ring....I would think I would not want to lose Mr. MO. That's Momentum. Bringing #5 to market and the cig stained digits to those that have been eating up the story succinctly would be a healthy idea. "Fight fans" can be fickle sometimes in the comic world and can get distracted with throwing $ at other books when their is a "void" to fill. When TODD comes back from a small hiatus (the smaller the better for its readership), I'd want all the money and continued interest that was being slapped down for #4 still waiting for it to be shovel ready and doled out when #5 hits the market.

Releasing the TODD action figure and the TPB in stores during that time off to write/pencil the 2nd arc would be great timing and keep TODD in-sight and on-minds while peps are in-store - master of the obvious, I know. ;)

I hope we can continue to grow TODD.....well, I mean not literally and all. lol

You've got my ear -- and I hear ya loud and clear. I promise we won't let that momentum die down. We are doing some special stuff --- we've already got most of a Todd-related one-shot done that I'm talking with Image about this week.

The plan would be to put that one-shot out in August to bridge the gap between the trade and #5. And I'm hoping that with reprints it's possible we wouldn't have any months in 2013 that didn't have Todd-related material coming out.

And then there's that action figure. With "bag wrinkling action!"

And then there's that action figure. With "bag wrinkling action!"

Ahhh man, that's the funny stuff...only from the mind of Krazy Ken.

I think the boardies need a Limited Edition TODD action figure...G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip head bag or something. lol. Signed or something. Limited to 250. I'm kidding..mostly.

Yeah, I hear ya. And it would be insane to further the endevour by seeing reprints of #3 and #4 happen in those short few months as well. Not trying to jinx it at all....TODD is already 2 for 2 at bat. Reprints on both its very first issues. To get 3 and later 4...well..jumping the gun...but its great to see the readership/collector interest and the strong sales thus far is such as short time of space.

Looking forward to the ONE SHOT as well as TODD the action figure with the dual action hair piece. lol

Looks like the momentum for TODD the comic book and related paraphenelia has plenty of momentum moving forward! POSITIVE NEWS for TODD!

Edited by kayakkid

May is crazy for me because MK and I will be in LA working on issue #5 -- he's only here for a limited amount of time and we're gonna need all the time we have.

Thanks for the great book Ken! Missed the signing. :( But I picked up the #1 2nd printing that the fine folks at Comikaze put in for signing and also bought issues 2 and 3.

I loved the look of the book and saw a synopsis, but the hook for me was the number 13 on Todd's shirt! :takeit: It's always been my lucky #. :wishluck:

Thanks for the great book Ken! Missed the signing. :( But I picked up the #1 2nd printing that the fine folks at Comikaze put in for signing and also bought issues 2 and 3.

I loved the look of the book and saw a synopsis, but the hook for me was the number 13 on Todd's shirt! :takeit: It's always been my lucky #. :wishluck:

Lucky 13! And I just loved how we were able to get #2 and #3 to come out on the 13th of the month. Glad to have you on board, Paladin! Robert at Comickaze is a great guy --- I think we might do something at that store during SDCC.

You know I like this character and comic book if I actually spent a few seconds over at FB. Liked it and ..YES like the shirt as well as the other photo with Todd superimposed in the conversation standing on the stool. Can't stop TODD, baby! :)

Now, can someone throw me a freaking bone!? How the heck do you attach an image?

Sure, I see you can click that 3rd from the left icon that shows "Enter an image" with mouseover in the editor, but can we add images from our hard drives? Sorry for the noob question. :hi:

Here's some news about TODD The Ugliest Kid On Earth that I had missed awhile back:

Made the list of 5 titles you should be checking out..but maybe not as of yet:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?Hawkeye_to_the_Ugliest_Kid_on_Earth_Comic_titles_worth_reading/58-19321

Also, although I may not love all of Justin's picks by any means, we do agree on his issue #3 pick of TODD as a "Staff Pick" he made last week (wasn't on their site so flew under the radar):

http://www.heroesonline.com/blog/2013/03/08/staff-picks-todd-the-ugliest-kid-on-earth-03-march-13-2013/

Free publicity never hurts.

LOVED! the artwork by MK also in ish #3 I am just rereading now.

Some nice cgc slabs that finally showed up on epay at reasonable starting prices in my opinion:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Todd-The-Ugliest-Kid-on-Earth-1-CGC-9-8-2nd-printing-/300878477166?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460dc1376e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Todd-The-Ugliest-Kid-on-Earth-2-CGC-9-8-/300878479247?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460dc13f8f

Likewise for your consideration:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TODD-THE-UGLIEST-KID-ON-EARTH-1-CGC-9-6-2-CGC-9-8-FIRST-PRINT-IMAGE-COMICS-/121083573761?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c3124b601

Ken funny signature sketch:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TODD-THE-UGLIEST-KID-ON-EARTH-1-2-3-SET-OF-3-SIGNED-PRINTS-KEN-KRISTENSEN-/130870551591?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e787e2427

I believe those are the first cgc on epay.

I saw a #1 first print go for $37, but it was a pgx slab..which we know typically sell a bit - significantly less than cgc slabs.

I'd like to see a 9.8 cgc #1 fist print slab sell for $60+. That would be Kool And The Gang!

It sold out.

Went to 2nd printing.

An entirely new story and cast of characters that ARE unique.

Image comics.

Creator owned characters.

Moved from mini series to ONGOING due to popularity.

Great artwork by MK Perker.

Initial and continuing praise from the comic industry.

Great paper stock too.

++++

Yep, I'm personaly supporting and reading the book myself. Just bought 7 copies of #3. :sumo:

I just picked up a Todd #1 9.8 first print in a private sale. I also like the fact that there's no variants other than the second print cover and very happy that this series is being extended past the 4th issue.