• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I let my sister n law read it on my IPad (she isn't a comic book person) and she can't wait for this to come out on Adult Swim. I am in no way prone to hyperbole...this show is going to be a hit. I would not sell right now. Only hold and accumulate. $20 will be a steal within weeks of any premiere. Animation will really allow the writing to shine and then I could see this getting a cult following. In a great year for comics this is as good as it gets.

I have seen and heard this a hundred times before but for different books. How can you say it's going to be a hit?

Holding and accumulating only fuels speculation.

I let my sister n law read it on my IPad (she isn't a comic book person) and she can't wait for this to come out on Adult Swim. I am in no way prone to hyperbole...this show is going to be a hit. I would not sell right now. Only hold and accumulate. $20 will be a steal within weeks of any premiere. Animation will really allow the writing to shine and then I could see this getting a cult following. In a great year for comics this is as good as it gets.

I have seen and heard this a hundred times before but for different books. How can you say it's going to be a hit?

Have to agree with this... no offense but it's like a broken record. Do yourself a favour and relax from the speculation.

WOW, TODD, KEN AND M.K. ARE GOING CRAZY! BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO BANZAI:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/09/03/steven-judd-board-todd-ugliest-kid-earth-spinoff-151129'>http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/09/03/steven-judd-board-todd-ugliest-kid-earth-spinoff-151129

Made 1st Page News:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing!

:hi: Hi Ken!

I saw that video a while back; I think you'd posted it before. Pretty damn cool.

What's going on with you sir? Have you & the rest of the TODD crew devised a plan for conquering NYCC? By that I mean tell us what you've planned in the form of an exclusive! lol

Man, we wanted to get that hardcover "Ugliest Edition" out as an exclusive for NYCC, but couldn't pull it off.

But, we'll have some exclusive prints, and possibly a genuine toy (no promises), and MK will be there doing commissions at the SplashPageArt booth --- so get yo-self your own special exclusive from him directly...

LOVE MK's recent TODD commissions!!! Really praying people line up around the block like me waiting to get into the Star Wars movie in 1977. If any boardies step up to the plate and get a comish, PLEASEEEEE share it here! :cloud9:

So, and I'm just guessing here, would you like a Todd commission? (shrug)

:jokealert: (thumbs u

Why would you care if I speculate? You remind me of the type who go on a stock's message board and bash the stock for certain motivations. Like wanting the PPS to go down so you can jump on board at a cheaper price. Just find it interesting that you would give any thought to speculation on a comic you don't seem to think too much of...if I lose all my money then so be it. Nobody's business but mine. However if you cannot see the genius in this title then there really is no accounting for taste.

Have to agree with this... no offense but it's like a broken record. Do yourself a favour and relax from the speculation.

No offense taken but when I am playing with house money (I have bought most of my Todd collection from profits off selling Last of Us, Day Men and Catwoman 23) it is hard not to get excited. Catching lightning in a bottle with the Pump & Dump titles so that you can accumulate the real gems (Todd, Think Tank,East of West) brings a smile to my face.

the Pump & Dump titles so that you can accumulate the real gems (Todd, Think Tank,East of West) brings a smile to my face.

You are my new best friend. I like the way you think! (thumbs u

Cool. I can always use a friend. All kidding aside, this and six gun gorilla are my favorite comics right now and I am just blown away by the scope of EoW. Five Ghosts is my crack cocaine though...I just am addicted to that title.

I bought the one above for $33.

I value a raw NM version in the low twenties.

In this instance, the seller had high res scans in which I saw no defects.

I have my fingers crossed that it is truly a 9.8 candidate. :wishluck:

I was expecting a forum post re: my purchase above.

Upon further examination of the scans, there seems to be a bit of corner damage in the upper left corner (you can see it in the scan of the rear of the comic-- for that picture its in the upper right). meh meh

Edited by revivedrevival

:foryou:

So.due to a "printing delay" --- which I think is just code for a satanic conspiracy orchestrated by :devil: Charlie Rose :devil: and PBS --- TODD #5 will not be in store this week.

Will update you when I get the new date.

:devil:

Ooops, missed that info, thanks! (Was so looking forrward to it today)

:foryou:

So.due to a "printing delay" --- which I think is just code for a satanic conspiracy orchestrated by :devil: Charlie Rose :devil: and PBS --- TODD #5 will not be in store this week.

Will update you when I get the new date.

:devil:

Ooops, missed that info, thanks! (Was so looking forrward to it today)

BREAKING NEWS -- Issue #5 is coming out Sept 25th.

And #6, as scheduled, will be in store on Oct 2nd.

Maybe we should just make it a weekly book :)