• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Freakin Wire FTW. I still get aggressive and watch the series over as weekend from time to time. mess, Jimmy!

I can't stop watching boardwalk empire.

Omar isn't gay anymore and he went back in time. It's solid.

He whistles "Farmer in the Dell" to time travel.

:hi: awake

I'm going to have to go get the Wire. Never tried it but hear good stuff all of the time. Is it on netflix or hulu ?

I think u could make an argument that The Wire is the best TV show ever.

My top Five:

1. Sopranos

2. Breaking Bad

3. The Wire

4. Arrested Development

5. Deadwood

Of course I can make room for Todd when it comes out.

Freakin Wire FTW. I still get aggressive and watch the series over as weekend from time to time. mess, Jimmy!

I'm going to have to go get the Wire. Never tried it but hear good stuff all of the time. Is it on netflix or hulu ?

:hi:

I don't think it is on either platform, but it's worth renting or even buying the dvd/blu rays. I re-watch it all the time on HBO Go. It's arguably the best TV show in the last 25 years, maybe even ever.

There are so many good shows that have surfaced over the last 10 years that would be considered the best if they were released at a different time. The Wire and Sopranos really paved the way for great stuff we are seeing today. Unlike Sopranos, The Wire was really unappreciated when it came out (note no Emmy awards). It's also kind of uncomfortable in how real it gets.

Also, just read #5...pure gold. Thanks for this book, Ken.

Edited by awakeintheashes

:hi:

I don't think it is on either platform, but it's worth renting or even buying the dvd/blu rays. I re-watch it all the time on HBO Go. It's arguably the best TV show in the last 25 years, maybe even ever.

There are so many good shows that have surfaced over the last 10 years that would be considered the best if they were released at a different time. The Wire and Sopranos really paved the way for great stuff we are seeing today. Unlike Sopranos, The Wire was really unappreciated when it came out (note no Emmy awards). It's also kind of uncomfortable in how real it gets.

Also, just read #5...pure gold. Thanks for this book, Ken.

I can't wait for #6.

I liked Sopranos better but I honestly think The Wire is probably the best TV show ever. Easily the most underrated. HBO has ruined Network TV. And now AMC is carrying the torch. "McNutty" and "Bunk" rule.

Still waiting for my September orders but one of my favorite read each month. The next tv announcement should push prices for 1 & 2 up about 50%. Once the show go live, Todd should hit walking dead level.

So you are saying a Todd #1 CGC 9.8 will be a $2000 + book?

People have said the same thing with twd. Beginning of 2012 I bought two complete sets of twd for a few hundred dollars each. They were up to I believe issue 80. Just a few months ago I sold one set for about 5k so with a tv show and maybe an increased fan following Todd shouldn't be all that surprising to reach the same level.

Refer to PP and sixth gun, speculation has pushed them over 600. We all know what happened to tsg. But if the show had been picked up,prices for tsg would have gone bonkers

Both books did have very low print run that also fueled the prices. But I think Todd has a lot of potential in terms of it becoming a tv hit. Merchandising will also help to escalate prices of course and the 800 or so print run of Todd will look very small

It wont be that big ever I don't think as much as I would like it to be.

The comparison is over the top. I think you are right it will see a nice increase as its gone monthly again, trades, and when the show actually debuts.

If the show is as good as I think it will be then it will hit Chew/Peter Panzerfaust levels IMHO. Nothing will accomplish what WD has if for no other reason than the show didn't hit until WD was into the 60s-70s.

Okay, you guys convinced me to try The Wire. I will pick it up soon.

As far as Todd being a TV hit. I certainly hope so for Ken's sake. I can't imagine it being any more fun than the comic but if its anywhere close to as good, I would be thrilled. I've read a lot of funny stuff but other than a few good comedies and maybe 4 or 5 stand up guys, nothing has made me chuckle out loud like #5 did.

Nigel, you don't have to wait too long. Only 4 more days.

Okay, you guys convinced me to try The Wire. I will pick it up soon.

As far as Todd being a TV hit. I certainly hope so for Ken's sake. I can't imagine it being any more fun than the comic but if its anywhere close to as good, I would be thrilled. I've read a lot of funny stuff but other than a few good comedies and maybe 4 or 5 stand up guys, nothing has made me chuckle out loud like #5 did.

Nigel, you don't have to wait too long. Only 4 more days.

I know. Pretty psyched. I have a feeling the Marksman is going to be great.

Boardwalk Empire is very good. How about Deadwood? Any fans. Love me some Al Swearingen. "Sweargin coc@$&cka"!

HUGE love for Deadwood. Maybe my favorite 1-hr drama series ever.

Breaking Bad is simply the greatest show ever. The idea that you have a likeable but basically, an average guy, who over the series has become the face of evil. Nothing in those first few episodes would have lead anyone to believe that this Walter White was going to morph into what he would eventually become.

This show and Bryan Cranston's portrayl is a game changer. There have been other shows where the protaganist is an anti-hero (The Shield, Sopranos, Dexter, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchey), but no one has done it like this show. The now classic speech Walter gives Skylar when she voices her fear over his safety still raises the hair on the back of my neck when I think about it.

Best show ever.... rantrant

Edited by comicartfan

Breaking Bad is simply the greatest show ever. The idea that you have a likeable but basically, an average guy, who over the series has become the face of evil. Nothing in those first few episodes would have lead anyone to believe that this Walter White was going to morph into what he would eventually become.

This show and Bryan Cranston's portrayl is a game changer. There have been other shows where the protaganist is an anti-hero (The Shield, Sopranos, Dexter, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchey), but no one has done it like this show. The now classic speech Walter gives Skylar when she voices her fear over his safety still raises the hair on the back of my neck when I think about it.

Especially when you think about Bryan Cranston as the dad from Malcom in the Middle (the episode where he teaches Malcom to roller skate still makes my ribcage hurt) and he was Dentist Tim Whatley on seinfeld. Talk about range. This season has hit on all cylinders.

There are great shows and then there is Breaking Bad. Its simply in a league by itself. Its by far the best show I have seen in years. Being an ex-teacher myself I can somewhat feel the pain he goes thru making some of the decisions early on. He deserves every Emmy he gets ahold of its a role of a lifetime.

I send the DVDs out as Christmas presents and recommend it to everyone I talk with. Again there are alot of great shows out there. Then.... there by itself above everything else is Breaking Bad.

There are great shows and then there is Breaking Bad. Its simply in a league by itself. Its by far the best show I have seen in years. Being an ex-teacher myself I can somewhat feel the pain he goes thru making some of the decisions early on. He deserves every Emmy he gets ahold of its a role of a lifetime.

I send the DVDs out as Christmas presents and recommend it to everyone I talk with. Again there are alot of great shows out there. Then.... there by itself above everything else is Breaking Bad.

Tomorrow night is going to be both incredible and lousy. Now if Quentin Tarantino would just do a Breaking Bad movie...

Boardwalk Empire is very good. How about Deadwood? Any fans. Love me some Al Swearingen. "Sweargin coc@$&cka"!

+1

The only show as an adult that every Sunday night I was waiting 5 minutes early to make sure I didn't miss the beginning. I've even followed stuff like Justified because I couldn't get enough. Every. Time I see one of these people on another show, I still think of Deadwood. (thumbs u

+1

The only show as an adult that every Sunday night I was waiting 5 minutes early to make sure I didn't miss the beginning. I've even followed stuff like Justified because I couldn't get enough. Every. Time I see one of these people on another show, I still think of Deadwood. (thumbs u

Have you seen the movie Sexy Beast with Ben Kingsley? Ian McShane is great in that. Al Swearingen is one of my favorite Tv Characters of all time.

I am assuming it is ok to talk about this in a Todd thread since Ken is participating.

I second this opinion. I've never seen a show that develops characters the way this show has. You mentioned Walt, but Jessie, Gus, Mike, Saul, Skylar, Todd, Hank ... Each character is a complex entity that defies stereotypes. Walt's decent into darkness, Skylar's into accomplice, Jessie into marytar... They are all brilliant characters. I tell people who have not see it that it is like watching an 80 hour movie.

Oh, and Todd, I'm excited for the show, it's a great book. But value wise, the odds of it reaching Walking Dead levels- magic 8-ball says "outlook dim"

Edited by Mike's Rack

Man, this thread sure has been hijacked by all this talk of best tv shows and The Wire and... :blahblah:

Wouldn't it be better to make a separate thread elsewhere to discuss shows so we can keep this one about TODD and the TODD Universe?

With that said, one of my favorite comedy shows ever is: Married With Children.

lol