• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

:frustrated:

CGC is killing me.

Fast track from New York. :taptaptap: still waiting.

One :censored: ing book.

:pullhair:

I'm in the same boat. Waiting on one single book that was fast tracked at NYCC. Maybe tomorrow (shrug)

I'm over checking the mailbox everyday for it.

From everything I'm reading, I don't think we are close. I'm thinking a few more weeks.

Ken, I'm trying to get a feel for the accuracy of monthly sales estimates versus actual sales. It is reported that Todd #5 sales were 7618 ( I'm guessing this didn't include the blanks as there is no * ) and Todd #6 sales were 5933. It seems like a large drop for books that came out 1 week apart. Do you personally keep track ?

BTW, if this is correct, I'm betting 1685 people regret not ordering lol

I don't know what the orders for #6 were based on, but I do know that it sold out within a few days of release --- so it's fair to say that it was under ordered.

Ken, I'm trying to get a feel for the accuracy of monthly sales estimates versus actual sales. It is reported that Todd #5 sales were 7618 ( I'm guessing this didn't include the blanks as there is no * ) and Todd #6 sales were 5933. It seems like a large drop for books that came out 1 week apart. Do you personally keep track ?

I don't know what the orders for #6 were based on, but I do know that it sold out within a few days of release --- so it's fair to say that it was under ordered.

We all need to keep spreading the "Gospel of TODD."

TODD 3:16

WWTD

WWTD

Todd is a "pure heart" in a world of sin...maybe this is Ken's vision of the second coming.

Ok so I have 40 #1 1st editions of Todd and 45 #2 1st editions. They are all unread and bagged and boarded from where I bought them and look pristine. Should I take the 40 #1s and 10 of the #2s and send them to Pre-Screen CGC for a minimum of 9.8? Do we have any idea what this book might be worth when the official news hits? I know a 9.8 is worth roughly $150 now...do we think this might break $250 on official news?

Any help is appreciated as this is a fairly large investment for me to make.

Cheers

hmmm, i am sitting here wondering what kind of responses that post is going to get. I feel like low post count, plus hoarding/flip question is a bad combo.

I'd say this; which is generic investing advice, and true about anything which people buy and sell:

1.) If you are concerned about the money you have put in to an investment, which has increased in value, sell as much of it as is needed to cover all your costs, then you are invested for "free" and have removed risk from the equation.

2.) Anything which has a value that is correlated evenly slightly to scarcity, will always suffer if a person holding a large position attempts to exit that position too quickly. Aka, dont sell a bunch of the same thing and devalue your own item for sale. One person having 40 #1 9.8s, posting pictures of it, talking about it, etc, can and will devalue said item.

---

That covers my advice to you. As for comic specifics, #2 isnt worth enough to justify mass slabbing imo. If I were you, i'd slab the 40 #1s, via joey on a pressed 9.8 pre-screen. Go back in time, and not post that I had 40 of them, and then quietly sell enough to cover all my expenses. At that point: if I believed in the book/show I would hold the rest, otherwise i would continue selling slowly and watching how it progresses.

If I was unsure and wanted others' opinions, I would probably have asked the same question you did, but not talked about the quantity I hold. something like. "hey guys, i have todd #1 1st print, what is the general feeling on if this book will continue to rise?"

Edited by CBT