• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what issues will be contained in the second arc?

I picked up the first trade and really enjoyed it and want to start getting the singles issues once the 2nd arc is complete. I'll be getting the 2nd trade when it comes out.

One thing I really enjoyed besides the creativity was the panel layouts. Not enough artists do smaller panels, especially 4 high on a page, Bagge and Bachalo are 2 that come to mind but otherwise it doesn't seem to be used that often.

Hi Coutstevo -- yep, #5-8 are the 2nd arc. #8 came out New Years Day. Thanks for your support!

FYI -- working on the 3rd arc now -- 9-14 (our first six issue arc!)...

Edited by KenKristensen

Been watching for a little bit and decided I might as well go swimming...hands down my favorite comic out there. Devious in all the right ways. Ken my compliments on taking a medium that can be difficult to illicit actual "belly busting" laughter and turning it on its ear.

WTTB!

Thanks for the compliments -- we've got some great stuff lined up for issues 9-14. Todd's grandfather (Peggy's dad) shows up, as do terrorists...

- we've got some great stuff lined up for issues 9-14. Todd's grandfather (Peggy's dad) shows up, as do terrorists...

Grandad, terrorists and Todd... OH MY!

I am SO looking forward to this next arc Ken. I can't wait to see a sneak peek of some covers too. It was cool seeing the covers for issues 5, 6 and 7 months before the books hit the shelves.

"TODD-ism, it's not a lifestyle, it's a way of life."

Been watching for a little bit and decided I might as well go swimming...hands down my favorite comic out there. Devious in all the right ways. Ken my compliments on taking a medium that can be difficult to illicit actual "belly busting" laughter and turning it on its ear.

WTTB!

Thanks for the compliments -- we've got some great stuff lined up for issues 9-14. Todd's grandfather (Peggy's dad) shows up, as do terrorists...

Ken,

Will the show follow the comic or go in its own direction?

Thanks

WTTB!

Ken,

Will the show follow the comic or go in its own direction?

Thanks

We are taking what works from the book and adapting it to the show. Some small things in the book are becoming entire episodes.

THIS JUST IN:

I will be attending Amazing Arizona Con, January 24-26. Anyone going?

Woo!

Sending a guy with my books to get signed! Will you have any goodies I can tell them to grab for me? :)

Will have prints, T-shirts, all the issues, the trade. And....

...Possibly TODD drink coasters (!!) and stickers that one of our European publishers is making....Just heard about those today. They are apparently distributing the coasters to bars in Europe to help promote the book over there. I told them to send me some. Can't wait to put Todd under my cocktail.

THIS JUST IN:

I will be attending Amazing Arizona Con, January 24-26. Anyone going?

Woo!

Sending a guy with my books to get signed! Will you have any goodies I can tell them to grab for me? :)

Will have prints, T-shirts, all the issues, the trade. And....

...Possibly TODD drink coasters (!!) and stickers that one of our European publishers is making....Just heard about those today. They are apparently distributing the coasters to bars in Europe to help promote the book over there. I told them to send me some. Can't wait to put Todd under my cocktail.

Now I have to drink for Todd's sake!!! :whee:

Is there any creator on here who interacts/connects more with his core audience than Ken. Ken u have really created this huge (I am guessing somewhat dysfunctional) family that is emotionally invested in your success.

Todd has trouble making friends. He should try message boards!

Thanks, guys -- this community means the world to me.