• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded...

11 posts in this topic

But still not available.

So I posted when my books were graded - but what I didn't disclose is the day that my books were scheduled for grading my nephew had me drop his four coupon books at the post-office and sent them to Sarasota via priority mail.

Now my books are graded - but my grades are still unknown - and his books are shipped safe and on their way back to the left coast.

Granted, his grades were mostly half a grade lower than I expected - which isn't terrible - but based on the condition of the books he selected, I'm concerned about my grades.

The only questions that remain are: Will my nephew's books arrive via UPS ground before my grades are known? and: Will I scream bloody murder when I see my grades, like someone did when he discovered his?

Happy Hunting

Lee

See more journals by Lee K

I will admit that they pack them well. And moderns require a level of knowledge about variant covers - but your basic SA/BA book doesn't really have a lot of variants and those that exist (Mark Jewelers, for instance) aren't determinable by viewing an encapsulated book, so I am unsure of the level of quality checking required between GRADED & SHIPPED SAFE.

It just doesn't seem like it should take long to link the grades that the graders already have in the system - check the labels & the coffin for accuracy - bubble wrap and choose the correct shipping box & shipping service - and finally to attach the customer provided customs paperwork, if any.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am too far away to take a tour of the facility in Sarasota to know better.

You folks are proving true the rumor that the encapsulation process is the bottleneck.

I had economy books sit "Graded" for a month before they shipped but they were pretty close to the estimated 120 business days.

OMG.....all this talk is making me sick. How about magazines? I have a submission of magazines that were "graded" a little over a week ago. I have been checking about five times a day! I am obsessed over finding out the grades.

How long do you guys think it will take for them to ship? I thought about a week? However, after hearing other peoples experiences, I think I may be dreaming? Does anyone have a guess?

DK

I think they should build a building in the NW......It would be beneficial to all...walk in's would be nice

I'm with you buddy - even if we had to drive to Portland or Medford even, it'd be better than shipping to the left coast.

Lee :whistle:

Yeah, and I have a couple PGX books - but although I find their slab to be stronger, I wonder about their grading.

How do you miss a small piece of tape on the interior of the cover?

Yeah, and I have a couple PGX books - but although I find their slab to be stronger, I wonder about their grading.

How do you miss a small piece of tape on the interior of the cover?

That's a big can of worms my friend. :eyeroll: