• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well my first try at comic buying was not good lol

34 posts in this topic

I purchased 2 comics off ebay surfer 1 and ironman number 1 in the hope that I could save them for my son when he is older. They were both listed as 9.0 or better and when i recived them I though they looked great. Well I sent them too cgc and they came back as a 5.0 for the surfer and 8.0 for the ironman but they have both been touched up my question to you guys is what do you think I could sell them for? I want to get my son the same books slabbed around 9.0 but i think ill wait till i can sit down again after the @ss rapeing i just got

Of course you can sell them but probably at a loss. My suggestion

1. Let the board know who you bought them from so others can avoid the seller (assuming they didn't call them out as restored).

2. Buy books already CGC graded

3. Don't use comics as an investment plan.

well its more of something cool too pass down to my son my true investments are else were :)

and radjack nice pic that made me smile lol

As a reader your son will not care about the difference. To him, no matter the color touch or trimming or whatever, he is still holding and reading a bona fide original copy of Iron Man 1 and Silver Surfer 1. If he loves them that much, he will get the slabbed copies.

I am sorry that you did not purchase what you expected but still must say that it is awesome that you would share your hobby with your kid. Good for you to be involved and involving him with your interests for when he is older.

well its more of something cool too pass down to my son my true investments are else were :)

and radjack nice pic that made me smile lol

As a reader your son will not care about the difference. To him, no matter the color touch or trimming or whatever, he is still holding and reading a bona fide original copy of Iron Man 1 and Silver Surfer 1. If he loves them that much, he will get the slabbed copies.

I am sorry that you did not purchase what you expected but still must say that it is awesome that you would share your hobby with your kid. Good for you to be involved and involving him with your interests for when he is older.

Never though of it that way I will probably still take the hit and try to sell them or i might just hang them in the man cave and buy other slabbed ones for him :)

i msg the people and im going too give them a chance to fix the problem before i post any names even though its just passed the 90 days

Out them anyway. They listed a Vg/Fn book as Vf/NM which is too large to be by accident unless they missed some large conspicuous flaw. On top of that they did not disclose resto. They might make you whole but I want to make sure I never ever buy from them.

i msg the people and im going too give them a chance to fix the problem before i post any names even though its just passed the 90 days

Out them anyway. They listed a Vg/Fn book as Vf/NM which is too large to be by accident unless they missed some large conspicuous flaw. On top of that they did not disclose resto. They might make you whole but I want to make sure I never ever buy from them.

All it takes is a stain to go from what appears to be VF/NM all the way down to fine. Novices do not know the difference. The same could be said of the resto. If the seller is not a novice, well that is a different story.

Buyer says it has been 90 days so it is entirely up to the generosity of the seller now to make good.

All it takes is a stain to go from what appears to be VF/NM all the way down to fine. Novices do not know the difference. The same could be said of the resto. If the seller is not a novice, well that is a different story.

Buyer says it has been 90 days so it is entirely up to the generosity of the seller now to make good.

Yeah so they missed a large, and by large I don't me size I mean effect, flaw and can't tell that their books have resto. Still don't want to buy from them. Transparency is better. But I guess clemency for the novice is reasonable.

Scuba Steve can you clarify if they are a dealer or casual seller?

Of course you can sell them but probably at a loss. My suggestion

1. Let the board know who you bought them from so others can avoid the seller (assuming they didn't call them out as restored).

2. Buy books already CGC graded

3. Don't use comics as an investment plan if you don't know what you are doing.

I fixed #3 for you.