• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happend to Spawn

34 posts in this topic

I have never, in over 20 years, ever, heard anyone talking about the story in this comic.

In the first year of it, there was some scuttlebutt about Angela, and Frank Miller and Dave Sims writing it, and such, but...

For such a high profile 20 year old series to never hear anyone talking about the story...

Any Spawn fans here to defend it?

I have never, in over 20 years, ever, heard anyone talking about the story in this comic.

In the first year of it, there was some scuttlebutt about Angela, and Frank Miller and Dave Sims writing it, and such, but...

For such a high profile 20 year old series to never hear anyone talking about the story...

The first four or five years were good, but that`s because Alan Moore,Frank Miller,Dave Sim,Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman wrote some brillant issues. Also Spawn of all the original 1990s Image characters had the best origin, and who could ever forget these great supporting characters?

Sam%26Twitch_01_cover.jpg

I don't think that's an homage of any sort. That cover looks like spoon. I actually liked the premise of him having a limited amount of power in the beginning so he had to use his costume, get weapons etc. I haven't read beyond #50 or so. I've heard that the current Spawn isn't even Al Simmons? Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone here even read this book?

The first four or five years were good, but that`s because Alan Moore,Frank Miller,Dave Sim,Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman wrote some brillant issues. Also Spawn of all the original 1990s Image characters had the best origin, and who could ever forget these great supporting characters?

Sam%26Twitch_01_cover.jpg

Yeah, but those guys all wrote issues in the first year. Was Spawn really good around issue 25? 33? 48? What happened? I've never heard anyone talk about the story at all.

And I long ago forgot about Sam and Twitch.