• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happend to Spawn

34 posts in this topic

I was at the comic shop and a customer came in looking to buy Spawn. He then asked where are your Spawn books because I do not see them. He was told they Spawn is not selling and there is not demand and we are no longer carrying it. I remember this title was a smash hit. WTF happened to it over the years? (shrug)

I still see it move off the shelves at Midtown Comics. Granted it might not me as popular as "back in the day," but there seems to still be a good number of fans who buy it monthly, just maybe not at that LCS you mentioned.

I know Spawn 1 and 2 are worth practically nothing but they have had some very good homage covers on recent issues.

For I while I couldn't afford a Spawn #1. Last year, I bought a 9.6/9.8 candidate for $16. Haven't subbed it yet.

Only Spawn comic I own is a raw Spawn #1 Black and White.

Oh and a couple of 9.8 slabbed 219 Phoenix I picked up from Dre, so scratch my previous statement...

I know Spawn 1 and 2 are worth practically nothing but they have had some very good homage covers on recent issues.

For I while I couldn't afford a Spawn #1. Last year, I bought a 9.6/9.8 candidate for $16. Haven't subbed it yet.

Oh and a couple of 9.8 slabbed 219 Phoenix I picked up from Dre, so scratch my previous statement...

If you ever want to sell that B&W Spawn...... :takeit::shy:

If you ever want to sell that B&W Spawn...... :takeit::shy:

hm I'm waiting on a SS opportunity with McFarlane, but if I decide against that, then I'll keep you in mind.

I subbed one my friend had sitting a shoe box for a decade and a half and got a 9.8 lol.