• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Lot $250 Shipped Paypal

33 posts in this topic

Thanks Matt, I have seen the thread but my question was about Paypal coverage.

If someone is trying to cheat, wouldn’t Paypal penalize him and cover the buyer with some protection?

You most probably would be covered. But think about if you are sent a large amount of wet, nasty books and then call PayPal for coverage to get your money back. They will tell you to mail them back - with proof of delivery - and then you can just get your money back that you originally paid. Not the additional cost of shipping the books back.

So that's your cost of gambling here. You up for that?

Its like playing strip poker with me, Boscoe,Shaven Kev, Mikenyc and Detroit Mike....its alot of fun till someone takes their shirt off :sick:

Thanks to both. I thought about the withdrawal, just wished to understand better.

So Bosco, you mean that you have to send a physical proof that the selling material was misrepresented, but I was taking the worst scenario, i.e. the seller does not send you anything. How would Paypal behave in this case?

Also, if the transition happened outside a venue, and privately, how can Paypal know the exact terms? They will have to have some proof, right?

Thanks to both. I thought about the withdrawal, just wished to understand better.

So Bosco, you mean that you have to send a physical proof that the selling material was misrepresented, but I was taking the worst scenario, i.e. the seller does not send you anything. How would Paypal behave in this case?

Also, if the transition happened outside a venue, and privately, how can Paypal know the exact terms? They will have to have some proof, right?

PayPal would force the seller to provide proof:

1) Something was shipped

2) Something was delivered

Most probably, the seller would have neither, and you would get your money back. Then it is the annoyance of waiting that comes into play while they give the seller loads of time to respond (10 days).

A seller can send you an empty box and if you don't open it in front of a postal employee the burden of proof is on you.

Sad world... but we are forced to live in it.

i think starting another thread after being discovered deserves a hos nomination...

With lack of proof or any other info coming from the seller... especially after admitting to using pics of books he doesn't own... guess I'm going to 2nd that nomination.

+1