• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about NG book!

8 posts in this topic

This is hypertherical question...

If I were to have somebody sign one of for arguments sakes, Troys blanks, and it was unwitnessed but then decided I wanted to get a sketch on it and have it witnessed for yellow NG label, what would happen? Would it just say 'NAME WRITTEN ON COVER' for the unwitnessed signature and SIGNED & SKETCHED BY (ARTIST NAME)' and still be a yellow label. I''m pretty sure if it was a regular comic and not an NG one that the grade would drop to a 7.5 if it was a 9.8 but be the same situation with the description on the label? But obviously an NG grade is an NG grade, so it'll stay the same just without the name of the signer of the cover, right?

hm

But I'm sure I've seen covers in the past that were signed twice and one was unwitnessed and they just dropped the grade to a 7.5 as opposed to a 9.8... and just had 'NAME WRITTEN ON THE COVER' for that particular person... so wouldn't it just be an yellow NG but with no specific info besides 'NAME WRITTEN ON THE COVER' for the unwitnessed person?