• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Injustice Gods Walk Among Us

336 posts in this topic

I've got 15 of #1 lol

Had no idea the value would pick up as I was going to give em all away in a couple weeks

I'd say you're in great shape! Seems to be sold out everywhere, and few copies even on ebay.

Finally received my Injustice #1 and read it. This was an amazing read. Has a widescreen, "Superman Red Son" feel, with major events shaking the DC universe. In some ways, it's amazing that DC would print this. My jaw was hanging open by the last few pages. Can't wait for #2 (also in the mail).

What else has this writer (Tom Taylor) done? From the evidence of this first issue, he should be working on first-tier titles. By all rights, this series should have been a throwaway, just a bit of fluff to tie in with a video game, but he's doing great things with it. He has a solid feel for the characters, and there are insightful bits of dialogue sprinkled throughout. The clever ways he's getting Batman to believably have to interact with Superman and the rest of the superpowered DC universe should be studied by the team working on the Justice League movie.

Ironically, the sole weak point in the story might be that the Joker's character feels a bit off-brand... but the way Joker has been overused to death the last six months, I can easily forgive that. An enjoyable (if disturbing) and recommended read.

I'd recommend getting the books digitally from Comixolgy. its a weekly comic on there and 3 comics make up an issue. 2/3rds of the 3rd issue are up already. The digital comics read great as standalone issues.

Edit: All three parts of third issue are actually on Comixology, not just the first 2.

Finally received my Injustice #1 and read it. This was an amazing read. Has a widescreen, "Superman Red Son" feel, with major events shaking the DC universe. In some ways, it's amazing that DC would print this. My jaw was hanging open by the last few pages. Can't wait for #2 (also in the mail).

What else has this writer (Tim Taylor) done? From the evidence of this first issue, he should be working on first-tier titles. By all rights, this series should have been a throwaway, just a bit of fluff to tie in with a video game, but he's doing great things with it. He has a solid feel for the characters, and there are insightful bits of dialogue sprinkled throughout. The clever ways he's getting Batman to believably have to interact with Superman and the rest of the superpowered DC universe should be studied by the team working on the Justice League movie.

Ironically, the sole weak point in the story might be that the Joker's character feels a bit off-brand... but the way Joker has been overused to death the last six months, I can easily forgive that. An enjoyable (if disturbing) and recommended read.

Perfect review!

Love this book and an amazing cover!

Injustice #2 1st print still cover price @ Graham Crackers... limit 3 per customer.

Link

Since I posted this link, they've sent me an email telling me that they cut my order from 3 copies to 1. :P Annoying, as I could have just placed the order elsewhere... Sorry if this happened to anyone else.

Injustice #2 1st print still cover price @ Graham Crackers... limit 3 per customer.

Link

Since I posted this link, they've sent me an email telling me that they cut my order from 3 copies to 1. :P Annoying, as I could have just placed the order elsewhere... Sorry if this happened to anyone else.

That's better than getting an email on two different occasions that they had the price wrong but it's this much more if you want it. :whatev:

Link

That's better than getting an email on two different occasions that they had the price wrong but it's this much more if you want it. :whatev:

Ugh. You're right... that is quantifiably worse.

Just a pain because I'll end up paying shipping costs twice to 'complete' the order elsewhere. As soon as I got the email I asked if it was too late to just cancel the single-copy order, but never heard back.

I've heard some less than positive critiques of Wonder Woman's portrayal but otherwise positive reviews of this title. If ever get out from under the rest of my read pile, I'll have to download a copy and check this out. Thanks, Jon!