• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mostly cheap high grade lots and some slabs -CLOSED

163 posts in this topic

lot F of Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman - 7 books - $25

17 - 9.6

18 - 9.2

19 - 9.2

20 - 9.6

21 - 9.6

22 - 9.4

23 - 9.6

If Loki decides that he does not want them I'll take them.

I managed to pull together a few more

*****RESERVED FOR Dr. Funk******

if you don't want it, just post here and maybe someone else will want them

lot G of Peter Parker - 4 books - $12 SOLD TO DR.FUNK

2 - 9.2

15 - 9.4

18 - 9.4

19 - 9.2

CCF07022013_00002.jpg

More today, Nick?

I think this is it. I will likely invoice over the weekend.

thank you and everyone that made a successful sale thread. I planned to sell 600 books/slabs in one month and we blew thru 420 books/slabs in less than 2 weeks so I will wrap up this thread.

Work will keep me busy for the rest of February but once I am caught up, I will run another sale thread with many raw high grade books...mostly individual books instead of lots.

As mentioned, everyone that bought here will get an automatic 5% discount in that sale thread and likely I will do the same discount run of 5% per purchase, even with individual book.

last but not least, 25% off the remaining HTD lot and the Spiderwoman lot for anyone...you don't need to buy anything yet here to get that discount

..and 5% on any remaining slabs...that is all I can discount on the slab.

17 - 9.6

18 - 9.2

19 - 9.2

20 - 9.6

21 - 9.6

22 - 9.4

23 - 9.6

lot G of Peter Parker - 4 books - $12

2 - 9.2

15 - 9.4

18 - 9.4

19 - 9.2

CCF07022013_00002.jpg

If Funk doesn't want it ill take it

*******RESERVED FOR LOKI***********

if he doesn't want it, then anyone else can buy it

lot B of Godzilla - 4 books - $18

3 - 9.4

6 - 9.6

10 - 9.6

16 - 9.6

CCF07022013_00001.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks again, Nick. I really appreciate you checking for leftovers for me. I only wish I'd found this thread earlier in the week... You've managed to provide a lot of great books for us bronze age Marvel fans.

:hail:

3 - 9.4

6 - 9.6

10 - 9.6

16 - 9.6

CCF07022013_00001.jpg

Thanks again, Nick. I really appreciate you checking for leftovers for me. I only wish I'd found this thread earlier in the week... You've managed to provide a lot of great books for us bronze age Marvel fans.

Just think - this is his "drek" he is selling. Hate for him to see my mid-grade collection.

lot A of Howard the Duck - 19 books - $ 50

Annual #1 - 9.6

1 - 3.0 sub crease

3 - 6.5

4 - 9/9.2

6 - 7.5

7 - 8

8 - 9.2

13 - 9.2

14 - 9.4/9.6

15 - 9.4

17 - 9.4

19 - 9.4

20 - 9.4/9.6

21 - 9.6

22 - 9.6

23 - 9.6

24 - 9.6

25 - 9.2

27 - 9.6

CCF29102012_00015.jpg

:takeit: @ 50% off

At last, someone with great taste. I am positively envious, sooner or later, little by little, I will nurture my Howard readings. ;)

3 - 9.4

6 - 9.6

10 - 9.6

16 - 9.6

CCF07022013_00001.jpg

Just think - this is his "drek" he is selling. Hate for him to see my mid-grade collection.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he means "drek" in the sense that while they may be fun...most of these are crappy 2nd and 3rd tier titles. Don't get me wrong though, because I love schlocky 1970's Marvel :cloud9:

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he means "drek" in the sense that while they may be fun...most of these are crappy 2nd and 3rd tier titles. Don't get me wrong though, because I love schlocky 1970's Marvel :cloud9:

He meant it in a wider sense. :D

Surely Spider-Woman and Howard the Duck (and the few Spectaculars) aren’t even remotely "2nd and 3rd tier titles". And I don’t love "schlocky Marvels", any age. lol

He meant it in a wider sense. :D

Surely Spider-Woman and Howard the Duck (and the few Spectaculars) aren’t even remotely "2nd and 3rd tier titles". And I don’t love "schlocky Marvels", any age. lol

You are right. Howard the Duck isn't 2nd or 3rd tier - that's an insult to those titles. More basement floor tier. Or bottom of a long mine tier. :roflmao:

You are all correct.

I used "drek" in generic to stuff even at 9.0 to 9.8 structural standards, most people wouldn't touch it because of whatever reasons. I have plenty of drek keepers too. My OCD well centered high grade standards make just about everything "drek"...I am coming out with my own competing service to CVA...simply called PERFECTION. nothing short of perfection is allowed...not "best in grade, blah, blah BS"....

...... :jokealert:

All seriousness, I can't wait to get these books in buyers' hands and you all can enjoy holding a 35 years old book in near pristine conditions. It is hard to believe that these book are that old.

lot of SpiderWoman - 4 books - $15

6 - 9.4/9.6 tiny blunt lc of book

8 - 9.2 fc has tiny brc tip missing from production.

17 - 9

18 - 9.6

CCF06022013_00004.jpg

that is it for the day...i am getting slam with some emergency work projects so I will see if I can post more tomorrow but I am near the end....works will have to come first next week so I will try to invoice and squeeze in packing and shipping next week.

thanks everyone...everyone that bought anything here will get an automatic 5% discount on my next sale thread...whenever i am clear with works at have time.

I'll take it at 35% off

17 - 9.6

18 - 9.2

19 - 9.2

20 - 9.6

21 - 9.6

22 - 9.4

23 - 9.6

lot G of Peter Parker - 4 books - $12

2 - 9.2

15 - 9.4

18 - 9.4

19 - 9.2

CCF07022013_00002.jpg

I'll take it. Thank you very much for pulling these for me.

Yeah, I know... Nick definitely has a first rate collection. I'm just glad he's willing to share some of it with us. ;)

I think I've bought more 9.8 White Page slabs from Nick over the years than from any other boardie. I'd have to check my records, but I'd bet at least a quarter of the PPSS slabs in my registry set came from Nick.

I'd like to chime in on the love fest. Not only is Nick one of my favorite people to buy books from for all the reasons already listed. He's also one of the nicest people I've encountered here on the boards. An unbeatable combination :applause: