• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long is too long before a seller ships?

13 posts in this topic

Bought a book here and tomorrow will be one week since I've paid (paid within minutes of letting him know I'd take the book) and the seller still hasn't not indicated whether he's shipped.

I'm starting to get annoyed because he says he tried to print a shipping label via PayPal on Thursday, Jan 31 but had issues, so he canceled the label.

I hear nothing until Saturday, when he responds to my pm saying he will ship on Monday and will provide tracking info.

Still waiting to hear from him. And still not a peep.

How long is too long? Should I be concerned?

I wouldnt be worried.

If its a user with a long post history I'd be worried even less.

Most people here buy/sell books on the side so we all arent able to do the Post Office run as quickly as others...

The seller may be waiting to close out his sales thread so all the books go to the PO at the same time.

I do think the seller should tell you what the deal is.

I wouldnt be worried.

If its a user with a long post history I'd be worried even less.

Most people here buy/sell books on the side so we all arent able to do the Post Office run as quickly as others...

The seller may be waiting to close out his sales thread so all the books go to the PO at the same time.

I do think the seller should tell you what the deal is.

I agree with the last part especially. There really is little excuse why someone can't take 2 minutes to shoot off a PM.

1 - I saw what you picked up as I checked it out myself.

2 - It's been a week and you did hear of some sort of communication. Something may have happened such a the flu, car accident or a family emergency. I had a buyer once ask me where my package was and in all honesty I completely forgot about it as I was dealing with settling matters concerning a death in the family. (Certain things were pushed to the back burner and not dealt with.)

3 - Give it a few more days and see what happens. At the very absolute worst you will get your money back in full.

1 - I saw what you picked up as I checked it out myself.

2 - It's been a week and you did hear of some sort of communication. Something may have happened such a the flu, car accident or a family emergency. I had a buyer once ask me where my package was and in all honesty I completely forgot about it as I was dealing with settling matters concerning a death in the family. (Certain things were pushed to the back burner and not dealt with.)

3 - Give it a few more days and see what happens. At the very absolute worst you will get your money back in full.

Yep, I agree with everything you've pointed out. I just wished some sellers would be better about communicating. But you're right. Something may have happened that I have no idea about. Thanks for the input! (thumbs u