• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCBS

29 posts in this topic

Anyone have issues with Mylites from DCBS? Almost all mine from my last shipment were split down the left side.

Same thing happened to me, attributed it to the shipping and shifting, decided it's not worth it and just bag them myself.

Anyone have issues with Mylites from DCBS? Almost all mine from my last shipment were split down the left side.

Same thing happened to me, attributed it to the shipping and shifting, decided it's not worth it and just bag them myself.

So if you order without bags/boards, how good in the packing. I would think the corners would get beat up with no protection.

The wrap them tight with some kind of cheap bag and backing board as a bundle, and use some kind of moldable foam cushion to keep it stable in the box. No idea why the mylites kept on breaking like that, but never had a problem with dings.

If your bags were split, ask them to send replacements. They've got some of the best customer support I've seen.

I always get mylites with full back. From time to time, I'll have a bag that's partially split, but nothing major.

I just had a few that were split down midways on the left. If it was just a little then it would be okay but that far down defeats the purpose of the bag.

Yeah, I know. That's why I was suggesting you contact them. They've been great with replacements.

So if you order without bags/boards, how good in the packing. I would think the corners would get beat up with no protection.

I stopped having them bag and board my books about a year ago and actually think the books come in better shape this way. Less 'handling' of the books, imho. It's VERY rare that I get a book in less than vf/nm-ish condition now, where as when bagged and boarded I swear every order would have one or two books books where the corner got folder in the bag or there was a finger indentation from putting the book in the bag.

My only DCBS complaint is that the regular bags look like they have been stored in an oven for months with all the wrinkling. Otherwise I love the service.

My only DCBS complaint is that the regular bags look like they have been stored in an oven for months with all the wrinkling. Otherwise I love the service.

Another reason why I no longer have them bagged and boarded

I have never paid for bagging and boarding and rarely have I received a book in condition less than what I would find at the LCS. In fact, most look better since they have no shelf wear (bending, curls, etc..).