• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Kubert Cover Survivor Series- nomination thread!

73 posts in this topic

Hello again, friends! :hi:

I've run a number of Survivor Series in the past, but never one as specific as only including a single artist. With the legend, Joe Kubert, so sadly leaving us last year, I felt this would be a nice tribute to his outstanding run of 7 decades of page after page and cover after cover of tremendous artwork. Thank you, Joe. (worship)

This is the nomination thread for the Survivor Series.

My goal is to get you all to post your favorite Joe Kubert covers from any title, any age, and any genre. No restrictions!

Your choice can be a known classic cover, one you feel is classic, or perhaps one you think is superbly done. Really, just any cover that you like very much. We are eventually looking for the best of the best, so please keep that in mind when posting the books that you'd like to nominate. I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but try to select what you would consider to be really nice/cool.

I will accept all covers posted to this thread, as long as they are drawn by Joe Kubert. After we get enough nominations, we can then have my "Survivor Series", to determine the greatest Joe Kubert cover of all time. Many of my past Survivor Series had over 100 nominations. I'm hoping for that many again, so don't be shy and get posting. (thumbs u

If you need to see what some of the covers look like, there are many great sites that showcase covers. Here are two sites: right here and here. I'm not sure if you can sort by artist or not, but give it a shot.

:baiting: Get to it, everyone! Let's see some beautiful Joe Kubert covers!! :applause:

Andy

Great idea for a thread, Andy!

Jeffro, Bigfiver, OV and myself posted a bunch of BA Kubert covers over in the Infinite Bronze War thread recently. Some great stuff and a bunch of iconic covers. Hopefully they'll post some of them here.

I'll post a few of mine in a sec...