• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 CGC Registry Set Awards

144 posts in this topic

Can someone please give me a run down of the deadlines, rule, procedures etc? I.e how are the different winners chosen and what are the different categories and their requirements. Im new to all this!

Can someone please give me a run down of the deadlines, rule, procedures etc? I.e how are the different winners chosen and what are the different categories and their requirements. Im new to all this!

5,969 posts ..........and your new to all this.......... :roflmao: (thumbs u

meh

I have honestly not looked into creating a competitive registry set before

lol

141 posts and you're not? (shrug)

Hi Jeff :hi:

Actually, I've got 3 plus years on you, :baiting: I'm jus the quiet type. :shy:

Actually, I've got 3 plus years on you, :baiting: I'm jus the quiet type. :shy:

So which is the metric by which to judge a boardies knowledge of the registry awards? Your 1st response was equating the knowledge with the number of posts and now you are implying it's how long you've been here. Just extrapolating your logic. (thumbs u

meh

lol

Gary,

Don't create your set for the judges and this contest right now. Create one for yourself and the many others on here who might be inspired to check out your book from a well written Registry Set. Write something good in it every other day throughout the year and take pictures of the books. Remember the obverse slot doesn't have to show the back cover. I showed various Locke & Key nick-nacks in mine and other books that were somewhat connected to the series. Put a lot of your passion for your title in the intro and just remember... you are the star of your Registry Set. Not some Gem Mint or $7K book. Make it centered around you, the collector. It took me three months to find the right tone for my intro way-back-when and about a year (little bit at a time) to write personal descriptions for each of my books (and different ones for the variants). The more the descriptions and pics you use, the more you will stick out for the eventual contest judging.

All in all, plug away at it and have fun in the process. :)

meh

lol

Gary,

Don't create your set for the judges and this contest right now. Create one for yourself and the many others on here who might be inspired to check out your book from a well written Registry Set. Write something good in it every other day throughout the year and take pictures of the books. Remember the obverse slot doesn't have to show the back cover. I showed various Locke & Key nick-nacks in mine and other books that were somewhat connected to the series. Put a lot of your passion for your title in the intro and just remember... you are the star of your Registry Set. Not some Gem Mint or $7K book. Make it centered around you, the collector. It took me three months to find the right tone for my intro way-back-when and about a year (little bit at a time) to write personal descriptions for each of my books (and different ones for the variants). The more the descriptions and pics you use, the more you will stick out for the eventual contest judging.

Great advice :applause:

meh

lol

Gary,

Great advice :applause:

Great advice indeed! make sure not to obscure your set!!