• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 55 - 1st Ultron

8 posts in this topic

This was sold to me on Ebay as a 7.5-8.5. The cover is detached at lower staple. I don't even know how to explain it, but it appears like a heavy pointed weight was placed onto middle of cover which left a kind of dent through the whole book and it feels "crinkled" to the touch in that area as well (around Goliath's chest).

How would you grade this?

Thanks

ave55a.jpg

ave55b.jpg

I wouldn't give a book with one detached staple like this anything in the 7.5 to 8.5 range. I would grade it as a 6.0

Agree fully. If slabbed, would have a notation like "cover detached at bottom staple." If you have a chance to return it, you should do so, or get a price adjustment from the seller. Bottom line: this is not a 7.5 book.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I just noticed the right edge of the cover -- it doesn't appear to be straight. Hopefully it's not trimmed, and just the way it was cut at the printer.

I wouldn't give a book with one detached staple like this anything in the 7.5 to 8.5 range. I would grade it as a 6.0

Agree fully. If slabbed, would have a notation like "cover detached at bottom staple." If you have a chance to return it, you should do so, or get a price adjustment from the seller. Bottom line: this is not a 7.5 book.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I just noticed the right edge of the cover -- it doesn't appear to be straight. Hopefully it's not trimmed, and just the way it was cut at the printer.

Not that it was all that expensive, but I wouldn't have bought it in this condition. I'll be contacting seller for a refund.