• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch: Romantic Couple

137 posts in this topic

:whee:

My first victory! A very worthy advisary!! Thanks for the votes, and thanks to Mr Hamilton!

Normally these categories would have been random and are one off. However given recent changes, the group that picked them no longer exists. As such my personal opinion is to pick a new category, but keep it really broad (blue = broad :) ) Some suggestions are:

Monsters

Fight scenes

Non-comic character

Hero ini book

Painting

Gods and goddesses

Cover recreation

Sketch jam

Pencil only

Legend artist sketches

However as the BotB reigns have been handed over to Doug (dscott), it's his show. Perhaps take it up in the BotB discussion thread.

Again the above is purely my personal opinion. 2c

Not sure who to run this by, or if this is even a possiblity, but it seems to me the BOTB are dominated by modern books/artists. I thought it might be cool to do a Golden/Silver age artist only BOTB. Any sketch qualifies as long as it done by a Golden/silver age guy. Someone like Neal Adams would not qualify because he has trickled into bronze/modern. Any thoughts or revisions to this idea??

Not sure who to run this by, or if this is even a possiblity, but it seems to me the BOTB are dominated by modern books/artists. I thought it might be cool to do a Golden/Silver age artist only BOTB. Any sketch qualifies as long as it done by a Golden/silver age guy. Someone like Neal Adams would not qualify because he has trickled into bronze/modern. Any thoughts or revisions to this idea??
I like that idea :)

I know there's tons of GA/SA artist sketches out there hm

I don't plan to continue the blue labels myself except for special events or holidays :sorry: I simply don't have the time to run two sets of best of the best at the same time. We will be sticking with red labels from now on, with a blue every so often and rarely at that.

If someone wants to step up and run the blues then by all means please do so.

Sara do you want to handle the blues?

Sara do you want to handle the blues?

What do I need to do?

congrat Harley Troy on your first victory.

BTW you can copy/paste the following BBC code for the Best of trophy :

[ URL=http://www.cgcsketch.com/romanticcouple.htm][ IMG]http://www.cgcsketch.com/images/BotB_RomanticCouple_R.png[/img][/url]

PS: I made a little SPACE at the beginning of each bracket for the code to appear.

The advantage of this is that the logo trophy is on the cgcsketch.com website and also that the logo link to the actual html page of the Best of competition where we can ALL the sketch in the competition.

The page is not yet done but will be in a few days.

One last thing, you can found ALL trophy logo by clicking the link below and at the same time by clicking on a logo, the BBC code will appear on the top of the page.

http://www.cgcsketch.com/logos.htm

Hope you like the logo.

If it's up to me, These are the guys I was thinking of, in no particular order:

Russ Heath

Joe Simon

Gene Colan

Herb Trimpe

Sam Glanzman

Ken Bald

John Romita Sr.

Don Perlin

Jack Katz

Neal Adams, because I do have a 1960's SS from him.

Anyone else I missed??

Is George Pérez works to far in the 70's? I don't remember offhand when was his first works (year wise) hit paper, though he was not a house name until the late 70's early 80's.

[edit]

looked up his wiki after posting he is well into the 70's so would not be eligible, but Steranko should offer up some really nice sketches.

After talking with Sara and Eric what we would like to do, if the community agrees, with Blue label BOTB is hold them once every 3 months.

The category would be picked by the people and not by any winners or some super secret group. About two weeks before the contest would start we would start a thread asking people what kind of BOTB they would like to see. It can be anything at all, artist, costume, background, characters, teams, situations, literally anything you can think of. Then after 7 days we will take all the submissions and place them into a poll that will stay open for an additional 7 days. Once that time is up the winner of the poll will be the next category.

If there is anyone who is against this idea please feel free to message me, Marvelfangirl, or Erik B. about it we would be open to hearing all input from any CGC board members about the blue label BOTB.

The suggested plan for the blue labels is to allow for everyone to have a say in what is picked. However since the only real reward for winning is bragging rights and getting to pick the next category we would like to limit these public categories to 4 a year.