• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10K minimum consignment with heritage !?!?!

13 posts in this topic

I sent an email to heritage about consigning a piece of original art and I received the below response from Ed Jaster. Is this $10K minimum consignment something new, or was he trying to grab my art for less than market value?

--- "Jaster, Ed - 288" wrote:

>

> Brian

> While I like the art, we have a $10K minimum

> consignment threshold for new accounts. I would buy

> it outright for the right price. What are you asking

> for it?

> Thanks,

> Ed Jaster

sounds like he's doing a little something something on the side maybe? What art you selling? Maybe you can make a deal and get 100% of the proceeds on this and other boards like the ComicArtL board on Yahoo? If its 1970's early 1980's marvel stuff color me there!

Heritage must have changed this recently. It used to be 5K.

I would have thought details like this would have been clearly posted somewhere on their site. However, I looked and could fine no mention of a "minimum consignment threshold for new accounts." Personally, it sounded like a bunch of BS to me...

sounds like he's doing a little something something on the side maybe? What art you selling? Maybe you can make a deal and get 100% of the proceeds on this and other boards like the ComicArtL board on Yahoo? If its 1970's early 1980's marvel stuff color me there!

I very much doubt that Ed is doing anything "on the side". I have known Ed for many years before he went to work with Heritage, he is a pretty straight shooter. If he says new accounts need to be 10K, I believe him. As Heritage gets bigger, I can see that it would not be worth the time and effort to do things for less, those catalogs alone cost a small fortune. I think Heritage is moving in a certain direction, and after watching them these last 2 years, I am sure they are heading in the right one.

Yeah, the old 5k minimum was brought up on the forums a couple of times

Rob

I don't ever recall seeing this but I do believe you. Maybe I just missed this before. No big deal, but the bigger deal is that Heritage is an honest company. They have treated me well. And treated my friends well.

CAL

I can see that it would not be worth the time and effort to do things for less

Yeah that's the thing I don't get. It's was worth the time and effort for heritage to offer to "buy it outright", but not to consign it. To be honest, it left a bad taste in my mouth as I was replying to one of their mass email campaigns about consigning items for their next auction and there was no mention of a "minimum consignment threshold for new accounts". Perhaps they should clearly state this upfront (as I made this suggesition to Ed in my reply to his email).

bhampel

One thing I've wondered is if those catalogs are cost-effective. I guess they must be or they wouldn't keep producing them.

I just received my first catalog in the mail and I wondered the same thing myself. Perhaps the ownership of the printng company is similar to some of the heads of Heritage?

Heritage must have changed this recently. It used to be 5K.

I would have thought details like this would have been clearly posted somewhere on their site. However, I looked and could fine no mention of a "minimum consignment threshold for new accounts." Personally, it sounded like a bunch of BS to me...

Just consign it thru one of their established accounts.

Their old number was 5K,guess things are looking up down in Tejas,either that or the price of shilling has gone up.