• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UUGGHHH!!

14 posts in this topic

Man I goottttta learn my lesson!

I just got burned again!

Don't you just hate those times when your mind was telling you YES, but your gut feeling was telling you NO.

I had some cash to bid, and this guy seems o.k. so I ignore the fine print below that states ALL SALES FINAL. I did this because he did a cheap balancing act with the other statement that said that he had been burned ny bad shipping and he souned like a collector.

Well to no surprise, even though he has a 100 percent rating, the Three VF/NM's I ordered came in and unveiled that this was a wolf in sheeps clothing! No only was the comics in FN- or worse shape, but the packaging that he stated was better tended to be the worst I have ever seen!

If you guys want photo of the slop he sent me, I can oblige! Grrrrr!

He put the comics just in an envelope and flemsy cardboard on one side! leaving the other side totaly unprotected. This is like shipping a TV with only half the foam in the case leaving the glass free to be smashed.

Oh well you can guess what happens next...

I asked for a refund for overgrading and bad shipping.

He declined to do so and DARED me to leave Negative Feedback!!!

What a total jack-asss!

Well anyhoo here are the auctions so you can watch out for this loser!

And by the way, I combed all over so the thread I read a while ago about leaving negative feedback at the last minute so there can't be a cheesyassed Retaletory Negative left.

If somebody could help me out with that, that would be awesome!

I want to bust this bum so bad I can taste it, I have just worked too hard to allow scum

to bust my 100 percent on Retalotory Neg!

Here are the auctions:

ASM 135 VF/NM

ASM 175 VF/NM

ASM 176 VF/NM

It is auctions like this that I would LOVE to provide a FREE service for all honest comic seekers:

Please email me the auction number and I will give you an honest opinion if said auctions are worth the time, effort and/or money. I am not always right, but I am usually right there I will say 95% of the time.

Nothing irks me more than rip-of artists. There are tons of them out there.

I could fill this Board up for 500 years with horror stories on how honest hard-working hobbysits get ripped off. That really bugs me more than the trash talk that goes on! I wished that the laws could evolve to put the crooks right in jail! I cannot forgive those who cheat others and there are no excuses.

Sorry for this rant but rip offs really rile me.

CAL sign-rantpost.gif

You gotta decide what's more important...losing the 100 percent or teaching this guy a lesson. If you really think he deserves it..neg him & warn others. If you can live with the loss just keep them for trade. I know the feeling and it really sucks but hey that's ebay for ya. I haven't learned my lesson yet either but I've accepted the certain degree of risk involved.

I had a problem with this guy about 6 months ago,..there is a a thread about it somewhere,......I sold him a ASM 129 and he tried to extort money out of me by threatening negative feedback....I sold him a raw ASM 129 raw graded 7.5 and he said he was an expert grader and he only thought it was a 6.0 ....I offered to take it back knowing he was full of [!@#%^&^] but he wanted to keep the book and wanted money back.....the funny thing is every time he sells books he puts in "I'm no professional grader" in his description,...but with me he was a seasoned grader insisting that the book I sold him was only a 6.0...real dirtbag.....

Here is the thread,.... E-bay blackmail ...do me a favor...neg the SOB,..I already gave him positive feedback when he paid promptly.....so he had me over a barrell...

To rocketeer

sorry to see that he had you over a barrel. In the future, try to work out that feedback process to your favor, when possible.

CAL

And by the way, I combed all over so the thread I read a while ago about leaving negative feedback at the last minute so there can't be a cheesyassed Retaletory Negative left

That has changed - the way the "cookies" has to be the factor but I am unsure how they work. But I

This also eliminates the saving an email from the Bad Seller, using that eMail link to then slam a neg on them. They can still retaliate somehow because of the "cookies" used from that eMail whereas the first 3 years I was on ebay, this method never failed me. Once the 90 days was up on the Servers that store the feedback info, that was it - now all that has changed.

Be careful.

CAL

Actually, I agree with Rocketeer's feedback process. To me it's a best business practice. What I've found is that an ironproof listing will reduce or eliminate these issues altogether. The "unread" comment in the listing was probably a big one that contributed to the mess.

Give him a big fat negative. Don't worry about your feedback dropping to 99.4%, it's never going to stop anyone buying from or selling to you, particularly since it's a buying negative. I know that's easy for us to say from the sidelines, but you will feel better in yourself for it.

If you have the guys e-mail where he dares you to neg him, send it to e-bay. This has maybe a one in a million chance of generating a result, but it must be worth a go. I imagine that in their hideous 'contact us' form they have a section for reporting abusive messages, so I'd try that route.

People like this make the whole apple bad for everybody else and I'm sure everyone here feels for you.

Red Flag #1

I'm not a professional grader but my friend who is a comic shop owner and a VERY strict grader says that this book could...

...When I called him on that his reply was that he lets a friend list auctions under his ebay account and it isn't his auction,...then to back up his expert grading on my book he then told me that he was a comic shop owner....so all the books that are bought on the account are by him the "comic shop owner",...but all the sales on the account are by the "novice customer with no grading skills",....E-bay at it's finest.....