• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM More Fun 74

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I just bought this off Ebay and wondered what you all might think as far as a grade. The seller made an estimate, and I think I agree, but I wanted some other opinions. I'll post the listed grade later. The one issue that is hard to see is there is an indented mark curving from below Dr. Fate's cape to up to between the F and U. It looks like someone drew on it with a ballpoint pen that was out of ink, leaving a faint impression and tiny dots of ink. Thx!

I'm also super pumped to pick up this issue, as I've wanted it for a long time.

mf74_fc_zps8a2d7272.jpg

mf74_bc_zpsa387436f.jpg

Thx for the opinions. Seller listed as 4.0, and I think that was a fair assessment. Any other opinions are certainly welcome. Not sure about the color touch. As rjpb mentions, there is some speckling of that blue color all around. I sure hope not though!

Is it worth it to get a book like this slabbed?

Well, a slabbed 4.5 sold for $300 more than you paid. I wouldn't slab if you plan on keeping it, but I feel that way about pretty much everything. If you think you might want to sell in the short term and would like it as ready as possible, you would probably at the least get the cost of slabbing back ( inc, shipping & ins.), assuming a blue 4.0. When you start getting above $500, there are a lot of potential buyers who just feel more comfortable buying slabbed copies, even in the VG range.

Yeah, it is funny, I was watching that 4.5 for over a year, hoping the seller might lower it or auction it. And then it sells within like two days of the one I got for a lot less. I wonder what made that buyer pass on mine and want to pay up. I guess the certainty is worth it for a lot of people. But I sure felt good about waiting, at least, since it saved me quite a bit of $. :)