• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I WANT A BOX!!!!

73 posts in this topic

o.k. I haven't had this happen in quite awhile, but I received some books I cared about,

from these boards, that were loosely in between two pieces of cardboard in an envelope mailer.

Given, that this was a small order of set of books - but they were nice VF/ VF+'s.

I let it be known that I preferred these to be in a box via pm and they still got sent this way.

Needless to say this set got damaged and even though I am going to send the books back for

a full refund - I value my time enough that I want to avoid books being sent this way so I don't

feel like I'm wasting my time.

If these are beaters or dollar books it's one thing, but once you get past books being

a certain grade - I like for care in a box be my standard.

Depending on the order - when I ship out - I double box, so I don't feel it's too much to ask

for a single box that is packed well.

I will not give out the person's name/ID so don't even ask. This thread is not to shame anyone

here. People packaging practices are their business. If it works for them, then why rock the boat?

I fear that with the higher postal rates this will be more of a common practice (sigh!).

But let it be known...

Even if it costs more (for semi-high grade books) I WANT A BOX please!

If this can't happen, please let me know up front so we don't waste either of our times.

Thank you!

I am not a nose bleed high grade collector so for me Fines are considered part of my collection. If a box was requested, then the seller should have met that request. If it is the thread I think it is, those should have been boxed IMO.

It was semi requested via pm.

My calling card when I buy is "Please pack well" and I added "In a box hopefully"

I did this this because the calculated shipping was low.

Usually when I say this, if sellers weren't planning on shipping in a box, they say

that cost more and I say great I'll pay.

this sellers reply was "I always pack well. Won't be a problem at all.

Thanks for the quick payment"

But again this isn't a stab against a certain seller and was intended to be such.

This is moving forward to let it be know that I prefer a box from here on out for books

that are above FN. The 2 cardboard pieces in a mailer just aren't cutting it for nice books for me.

I have received CGC items that where broken in a box and less problems when I receive them between 2 pieces of cardboard. Well except when they shipped a CGC in a paper envelope with no protection at all, well you can probably figure out what the end result was to that comic. :(

I am not a nose bleed high grade collector so for me Fines are considered part of my collection. If a box was requested, then the seller should have met that request. If it is the thread I think it is, those should have been boxed IMO.

My calling card when I buy is "Please pack well" and I added "In a box hopefully"

Perhaps in the future, instead of semi-requesting it, it would be better to just straight up request it. Instead of 'I hope you pack in a box' and expect them to get the hint, just straight up say 'I want these packed in a box and I'm willing to pay extra for it'.

I'm not trying to shift blame, it's just that I've found from my experience that when I feel strongly about a packing issue I get better result if I make it plainly known.

Just my 2c

I got a package from ComicConnect a month or so ago with two books; one a fine+ the other a VF. Total of $243.00.

They came in a shipping envelope between two pieces of cardboard. Upon receiving, one end of the package laying flat on the table, the other end stood up in the air 3-1/2 inches. In other words, the books were bent all to hell.

I did not contact them about compensation or returns, I just didn't have the time to worry about it.

I did just purchase some more books last night from them. I will be asking them to box these.

I got a package from ComicConnect a month or so ago with two books; one a fine+ the other a VF. Total of $243.00.

They came in a shipping envelope between two pieces of cardboard. Upon receiving, one end of the package laying flat on the table, the other end stood up in the air 3-1/2 inches. In other words, the books were bent all to hell.

I did not contact them about compensation or returns, I just didn't have the time to worry about it.

I did just purchase some more books last night from them. I will be asking them to box these.

Why would you let them off the hook? Really?? $243 and you don't think it's worth your time?

I for one (and many boardies can attest to this) go above and beyond with my shipping. 99% of the time is double boxed with every slab bubbled wrapped and more peanuts than one would think would fit in there. Like Dr. Balls, I pack it tight! And believe you me, many sales are less than $250.

If you don't alert CC about their terrible shipping, then you're only allowing them to get away with shady business practices and it not only hurts you, but future collectors as well. No better way to run off the future than allowing CC to drop the ball.

:o

Personally, for that kind of money I would have gotten a refund. Poor packaging from a big name like that is a (tsk)

I don't care if it's a ten dollar book,or a five thousand dollar book. BOX THE DAMN THING . :pullhair:

Exactly, I bomb proof box everything I ship regardless of the price or quantity. It's just a habit. So it takes a few more minutes and some extra cardboard.

It may take you fifteen minutes to get the goods out, but they're safe and sound.

Perhaps in the future, instead of semi-requesting it, it would be better to just straight up request it. Instead of 'I hope you pack in a box' and expect them to get the hint, just straight up say 'I want these packed in a box and I'm willing to pay extra for it'.

I'm not trying to shift blame, it's just that I've found from my experience that when I feel strongly about a packing issue I get better result if I make it plainly known.

Just my 2c

+1

Why would you let them off the hook? Really?? $243 and you don't think it's worth your time?

I for one (and many boardies can attest to this) go above and beyond with my shipping. 99% of the time is double boxed with every slab bubbled wrapped and more peanuts than one would think would fit in there. Like Dr. Balls, I pack it tight! And believe you me, many sales are less than $250.

If you don't alert CC about their terrible shipping, then you're only allowing them to get away with shady business practices and it not only hurts you, but future collectors as well. No better way to run off the future than allowing CC to drop the ball.

+1. I would get a refund even for $50.