• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I WANT A BOX!!!!

73 posts in this topic

Can I just say when I read the title of this thread Dee Snider of Twisted Sister yelled loudly in my head:

I want a box!

:headbang:

Quit dating boys, then.

:lol:

I was going to say there are surgeries for that.

Its really up to the seller to make the options known at the start and then the buyer needs to make it known what they want. If a buyer wants a box and is willing to cover the difference there is no reason not to ship in a well packed box. (shrug)
Sorry - this is exactly bassackwards - as a seller, I only ship in a box, unless the buyer requests a priority envelope - then the damage is their responsibility.

Its really up to the seller to make the options known at the start and then the buyer needs to make it known what they want. If a buyer wants a box and is willing to cover the difference there is no reason not to ship in a well packed box. (shrug)
Sorry - this is exactly bassackwards - as a seller, I only ship in a box, unless the buyer requests a priority envelope - then the damage is their responsibility.

So I should only offer boxes? I just offer both and list the price for each and let the buyer decide. I pack both to the best of my abilities, but I can understand someone wanting to save a few bucks. I wont ship a slab in an envelope for example so in the sales thread it would state only boxed prices for shipping. I fail to see how both parties taking responsibility is bassackwards :D

So I should only offer boxes? I just offer both and list the price for each and let the buyer decide. I pack both to the best of my abilities, but I can understand someone wanting to save a few bucks. I wont ship a slab in an envelope for example so in the sales thread it would state only boxed prices for shipping. I fail to see how both parties taking responsibility is bassackwards :D

That is not what you originally posted.

I said I should list my options and the seller should say what they want and if they want a box they should get a box especially if they are willing to cover any extra cost...
Intimating that you automatically ship in an envelope unless begged otherwise.

I said I should list my options and the seller should say what they want and if they want a box they should get a box especially if they are willing to cover any extra cost...
Intimating that you automatically ship in an envelope unless begged otherwise.

Sorry if it sounded that way, what I meant was that its an option, but I would never just assume. If it is an option I list the prices for both and they choose.

I think we are in agreement :grin:

I just opened up a $300+ slab that was sent to me in a USPS Tyvek mailer with a little more than 1 wrap of the small bubble wrap and a cut up priority box that was, get this, 2" shorter than the slab, leaving all the corners only protected by the thin bubble wrap! I have no idea how it made it through unscathed, but it did.

Be that as it may, I don't mind a simple envelope with cardboard sandwich for readers. It often doesn't make sense to pay for a $11 box when I am ordering $20-$30 worth of VG books that can easily fit in a $5 Priority envelope.

Go in and use your charm. Beg, plead, what ever. Buy em lunch. They'll love you for it.

I went into my local Best Buy, winked at the head of shipping/receiving and offered dinner. He punched me in the face.

o.k. I haven't had this happen in quite awhile, but I received some books I cared about,

from these boards, that were loosely in between two pieces of cardboard in an envelope mailer.

Given, that this was a small order of set of books - but they were nice VF/ VF+'s.

I let it be known that I preferred these to be in a box via pm and they still got sent this way.

Needless to say this set got damaged and even though I am going to send the books back for

a full refund - I value my time enough that I want to avoid books being sent this way so I don't

feel like I'm wasting my time.

If these are beaters or dollar books it's one thing, but once you get past books being

a certain grade - I like for care in a box be my standard.

Depending on the order - when I ship out - I double box, so I don't feel it's too much to ask

for a single box that is packed well.

I will not give out the person's name/ID so don't even ask. This thread is not to shame anyone

here. People packaging practices are their business. If it works for them, then why rock the boat?

I fear that with the higher postal rates this will be more of a common practice (sigh!).

But let it be known...

Even if it costs more (for semi-high grade books) I WANT A BOX please!

If this can't happen, please let me know up front so we don't waste either of our times.

Thank you!

+1