• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Puck to be in Future Past movie?

135 posts in this topic

Why would he say his secret is he's always angry if he didn't need to be angry? Nothing in Ruffalo's delivery made me think he was being sarcastic or joking.

It is just a catch phrase way of saying that he didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. Short, simple and easy to remember. It doesn't sound as cool to reply to Cap and say "Oh yeah, I can turn into the Hulk at any time."

I don't buy it. Now, to be honest I've tried to put that POS out of my mind as much as humanly possible..but didn't he get enraged in the movie and turn into the Hulk as a result? So basically it comes down to...I can turn into the Hulk whenever I want, but sometimes I can't help myself?

I'm not going to give Whedon that kind of credit. I was a big fan of Buffy and I know what he's capable of.

Why would he say his secret is he's always angry if he didn't need to be angry? Nothing in Ruffalo's delivery made me think he was being sarcastic or joking.

It is just a catch phrase way of saying that he didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. Short, simple and easy to remember. It doesn't sound as cool to reply to Cap and say "Oh yeah, I can turn into the Hulk at any time."

I don't buy it. Now, to be honest I've tried to put that POS out of my mind as much as humanly possible..but didn't he get enraged in the movie and turn into the Hulk as a result? So basically it comes down to...I can turn into the Hulk whenever I want, but sometimes I can't help myself?

I'm not going to give Whedon that kind of credit. I was a big fan of Buffy and I know what he's capable of.

This. Is. Not. Prometheus.

I'm sorry Roy, I guess it was a secret that I didn't like the Avengers movie :sorry:

I'm sorry Roy, I guess it was a secret that I didn't like the Avengers movie :sorry:

You're being too cerebral with a movie that is supposed to be over the top fun and entertaining, and it was both. Use the other side of the brain, Casey.

:grin:

Who's the Vision?

:baiting:

Is it too much to ask to make one measly $200 million movie just to please me???

If they can explain how the Vision flies while intangible, it will be worth it.

Back to Puck, I think I'd be insulted as a Canadian, if this is all I can come up with as a character name. Was Goalie already in use by somebody? Was Hoser too eclectic?

Whatever explanation they come up with cant make less sense than how the Hulk is "always angry" (shrug)

I thought that was weird

Yeah, you and every single other person over the age of 3 that saw the movie!

I forced my wife and daughter to go see it on my Birthday. My daughter is 10 and knows absolutely zero about superheroes. She'd never even heard of any of the characters or anything about them before the movie. Like 10 seconds after that scene, she whispered in my ear "i dont get, how does always being angry make him turn into the Hulk???". I was like " (shrug) "

I think you are reading far too much into something that was meant as a joke.

That line was supposed to be a joke??? ???

If thats the case, it DEFINITELY went WAY over my head

I think people are over analyzing a bad line that made no sense in context. it is what it is (shrug)

It made sense to me. Call it a catch phrase or a bad line but I thought the meaning, while not crystal, was clear. He didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. (shrug)

Am I alone in that thinking?

While I didn't take it as "this is the future direction we are taking this character" I took it as "emotional state isn't what triggers the change" which made a separation between the Hulk in that movie and the Hulk that so many people are still familiar with from the TV series. "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" is no longer pertinent to this version of the character. It doesn't require analysis to understand the reference to anger when it comes to the Hulk. But the movie wasn't solely about him, so they didn't build the story around explaining that point.

Who's the Vision?

Is it too much to ask to make one measly $200 million movie just to please me???

Back to Puck, I think I'd be insulted as a Canadian, if this is all I can come up with as a character name. Was Goalie already in use by somebody? Was Hoser too eclectic?

Puck was named after the character from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Wasn't that character something of a comic foil? Are you sure the Canadian superhero wasn't named after the hockey puck? It seems the simplest explanation.

Who's the Vision?

Wasn't that character something of a comic foil? Are you sure the Canadian superhero wasn't named after the hockey puck? It seems the simplest explanation.

Logan is the resident John Byrne expert. And it's probably both.

Who's the Vision?

Logan is the resident John Byrne expert. And it's probably both.

I can understand Byrne would downplay the stereotyping of his own nationality, but I can believe he was being cute with a double-meaning to the name.

I can understand Byrne would downplay the stereotyping of his own nationality, but I can believe he was being cute with a double-meaning to the name.

The original character was supposed to be called Hoser and he wore a toque.

Who's the Vision?

Go ask Byrne yourself www.byrnerobotics.com

You're being too cerebral with a movie that is supposed to be over the top fun and entertaining, and it was both. Use the other side of the brain, Casey.

:grin:

Perfect tagline for the movie " turn off your brain, shut up and enjoy it".

No thanks

No thanks

I guess it all depends on where you put your focus.

Sometimes I'm willing to swallow a gnat to strain at a camel if it's more fun.

lol

:blush:

No thanks

lol

Agree to disagree.

Who's the Vision?

Whatever explanation they come up with cant make less sense than how the Hulk is "always angry" (shrug)

I thought that was weird

Yeah, you and every single other person over the age of 3 that saw the movie!

I forced my wife and daughter to go see it on my Birthday. My daughter is 10 and knows absolutely zero about superheroes. She'd never even heard of any of the characters or anything about them before the movie. Like 10 seconds after that scene, she whispered in my ear "i dont get, how does always being angry make him turn into the Hulk???". I was like " (shrug) "

I think you are reading far too much into something that was meant as a joke.

That line was supposed to be a joke??? ???

If thats the case, it DEFINITELY went WAY over my head

I think people are over analyzing a bad line that made no sense in context. it is what it is (shrug)

It made sense to me. Call it a catch phrase or a bad line but I thought the meaning, while not crystal, was clear. He didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. (shrug)

Am I alone in that thinking?

While I didn't take it as "this is the future direction we are taking this character" I took it as "emotional state isn't what triggers the change" which made a separation between the Hulk in that movie and the Hulk that so many people are still familiar with from the TV series. "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" is no longer pertinent to this version of the character. It doesn't require analysis to understand the reference to anger when it comes to the Hulk. But the movie wasn't solely about him, so they didn't build the story around explaining that point.

I think this is a decent explanation on The Hulk and the one I go with. With pictures too!

No thanks

lol

Agree to disagree.

Can't you just relax and say "puck it" once in a while?

:acclaim: